Complaint Review: Certified Transmission

• Reported By: Charles — Parkville Missouri
Certified Transmission
5700 No. Oak Trafficway Gladstone, Missouri USA

Certified Transmission Damaged my motor Gladstone Missouri

In June of 2012, I took my classic vehicle (1967 Oldsmobile) to Certified Transmission in Gladstone, MO. At that time I reported that my car was having problems shifting and I wanted their opinion on how best to rectify the situation. They agreed and I left my car in their care. Approximately 1 week later I received a call from the representative at Certified Transmission informing me that they had completed the transmission work, but there seemed to be a very loud noise coming from the motor, and had I noticed it. I informed them that I had not and immediately went to the shop to see what was happening. When I arrived and heard the noise I immediately shut off the motor and had my car towed to my engine mechanic.

Between my engine mechanic and Jasper motors, they investigated the situation and found foreign debris in two of the eight cylinders. This debris was not present when I dropped off my car because the motor was running fine when I took it to Certified Transmission.

I notified Certified Transmission in Gladstone, MO of the findings in person and followed up with the corporate office in Omaha, NE by certified mail.

Certified Transmission conducted their own internal review and they are saying that there is no way they could be to blame and they are unwilling to pay for the repair costs.

I would like Certified Transmission to compensate me for my actual out of pocket expenses I've had to incur as a result of damage to my vehicle. By way of the 2 certified letters that I have sent, including photo evidence of the damage to the motor, I believe that I have made my case that this damage occurred while Certified Transmission was in possession of my vehicle.

Full details and pictures are on my website @ http://www.dotherightthingcertified.com/Home_Page.html and on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/DoTheRightThingCertified

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certified-Transmission/Gladstone-Missouri-64118/Certified-Transmission-Damaged-my-motor-Gladstone-Missouri-1164497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certified Transmission