Complaint Review: ChaCha

• Updated: Tue, January 03, 2012

• Reported By: Longtime ChaCha Guide — Yelm Washington United States of America
ChaCha
Carmel, Indiana United States of America

ChaCha Work for them for years. Suddenly deactivated. Accussed of fraud. Cannot receive money earned. Carmel, Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Termination: A fellow guide

I've been an independent contractor for more than 3 years. I have worked in many roles in those years and was currently a dual expeditor/vetter for the company. At the time of my deactivation I had exactly $80 in my account. It's actually the most amount of money I have ever accumulated before cashing out in my entire history with ChaCha and now I am kicking myself for it.

I received a very short email that stated;

"Your ChaCha account has been deactivated temporarily for Guide Agreement Violation. This is due to violations of the Guide Agreement and was specifically highlighted in our Guide Policies. Your account is under research. Please remember we constantly monitor accounts for issues described in our Guide Policies and will act accordingly."

Almost every week I receive a quality rating of 100% and my completion rate is always above 95%. I don't think I've done anything differently recently and could not imagine what I could have done to cause my account to be flagged for fraudulent activity. At this point I had no way of accessing my account to cash out or to contact ChaCha directly, so I decided to wait until they reviewed my account, confident that this was all some sort of error.

To my surprise the very next day (today) I received an even shorter email that stated;

"Your ChaCha account has been deactivated permanently for Fraudulent Searches.  This is due to violations of the guide agreement and was specifically highlighted in our Guide Policies."

My question of course is what guide agreement did I not meet? Which "specifically highlighted" policy did I break? The email said nothing. I'm basically being accused of fraud with no idea what I did to warrant those accusations. I think that is a VERY serious accusation and I'm flabbergasted that ChaCha would make those sort of accusations without wanting the person to know what they have done that would constitute fraud!

To add insult to injury, well..may in this care injury to a terrible insult, the brief emails mentioned nothing about the money I had earned. I have no access to my account of course and there is no way to contact ChaCha directly. I've searched tirelessly and emailed every email address I could find for the company. It's as if ChaCha decided to delete me from existence and take my money back that I have spent many, many hours earning. Those are hours I can never get back and am I supposed to accept that I am somehow a fraud and let them keep the money that I exchanged all of those hours for?!

I can't understand how any company could do this to someone after years of work and taking one pay cut (or pay rate change as I guess they would prefer to call it) and learning the in's and out's of many different roles. I think I deserve more than 3 sentences and being called a fraud after so long. Even if they disagree that I deserve more than that I at LEAST should receive the money I have earned. I'm literally shaking right now, I can't believe that a company that I invested so much time and effort into would do something like this.

If anyone has information on what I can do to at least get the money from my account please leave a message here. At this point that is all I want from this company so I can move on. I know I am not a fraud. I have never and would never cheat this company and I WILL NOT just walk away and let them cheat me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ChaCha/Carmel-Indiana-46032/ChaCha-Work-for-them-for-years-Suddenly-deactivated-Accussed-of-fraud-Cannot-receive-m-766756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ChaCha

Termination: A fellow guide

AUTHOR: antiparadox - (United States of America)

Fraudulent searches means that you were caught gaming the system, by giving false answers quickly in order to improve your questions per hour, thus obtaining more money for no work. This is not an accusation, this is just what is looks like. Usually when someone is terminated their money is credited to their last known method of payment.
I am assuming you use pay me now, and have an account with First IB of Indiana.
I don't know if they withhold your money if you are caught or accused of gaming the system.
If you had no luck contacting them through general channels, try the feedback which all of us guides use weekly.
system_feedback@chacha.com
Hopefully they will help you straighten things out, also, try to message Ben Sutton on facebook.