Complaint Review: Chad Golightly dba Golightly & Associates

• Submitted: Sat, January 22, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, January 22, 2005

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Chad Golightly dba Golightly & Associates
8560 S. Eastern Ave. Ste. 240 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Chad Golightly dba Golightly & Associates ripoff fraudulent collection of attorney's fee Las Vegas Nevada

I am a criminal attorney and investigator, retired from the office of the US Attorney, but with no experience in Personal Injury Law. I hired Golightly in early 2004 to represent me in an auto accident injury matter. I was told by the person signing me up that my case was worth perhaps over $100,000. I had to call over 10 times in the following month to update Golightly on matters relating to case, but no one ever called me back. I fired Golightly for misconduct in not returning my calls. Despite no work being done by Golightly and the fact that he was fired for just cause, he placed a lien on my recovery.

I learned from a colleague at the State Bar of Nevada that this was a common tactic by Golightly to collect monies through liening settlements and jury awards, rather that pursuing the case himself. I have spent most of my adult life putting scum like Golightly behind bars, many for frauds similar to this one, where he stole a portion of the settlement that I eventually collected through self representation. I am reporting this for the sole purpose of warning fellow Las Vegans to stay away from this miserable pri**!

Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2005 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chad-Golightly-dba-Golightly-Associates/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Chad-Golightly-dba-Golightly-Associates-ripoff-fraudulent-collection-of-attorneys-fee-L-128555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chad Golightly dba Golightly & Associates