Complaint Review: Chadwick's - World Financial Network - National Bank, United Marketing

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Sicklerville New Jersey
Chadwick's - World Financial Network - National Bank, United Marketing
PO Box 659728 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Chadwick's - World Financial Network - National Bank - United Marketing Sent (3)items not ordered, returned (3) items in package supplied(pre-paid) United Marketing acknowledged receiving package but only credited one(1) item, charging for two items and continual late fees. San Antonio Texas

In 11/08 received three unordered wallets from Chadwick's. Called them (800-695-9825) spoke with John who said he would send a pre-paid envelope to return the wallets and to write on the outside of the envelope the numbers of the wallets on the outside of the mailing parcel.

On 12/15/2008 I took the package to the post office, received a Certificate of Mailing and the postal receipt and mailing fees. The postal clerk advised tracking wasn't necessary because it was pre-paid, but to send first-class and the Certificate of Mailing totaled $3.97. I received a billing statement on 12/22/08 charging $76.05 for the wallets and $20.00 included as late fees.

I called Chadwick's asking to speak to John, no one knew anyone named John. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold about ten minutes, the dial tone. I called back asking the individual that answered and told her I was disconnected waiting for a supervisor also if she would give me her name if disconnected again, she said that information is personal and they're not permitted to divulge their names, but to hold on for a supervisor.

Placed on hold, this time utilizing my speaker-phone, time lapsed approx. 15 minutes, dial tone. I called United Marketing (800-866-6788) spoke with a Virginia who checked and acknowledged receiving the package but they would credit me for one wallet. I told her I had the postal receipt with the weight of the package at 10.30oz. She than placed me on hold, when she returned she said I would receive credit for the three wallets and Chadwick's would have a zero balance and my confirmation # V 4029.

On 02/17/09 I received a letter from Chadwick's stating after a review, they found a credit to my account in the amount of $15.95 with a remaining balance of $81.41. I called Chadwick's, received the same run-around phone tag, being placed on hold, dial tone.

After repeated calls, I spoke with a Takir, who said his records indicate receiving one wallet. After giving him the information from Virginia, I was placed on hold. When he returned I was advised to have United Marketing call him at 800-525-6650 ext. 2226 and he would resolve the situation and close out the account with a zero balance upon United Marketing telling him the items was received.

I called United Marketing (800-866-6788) that received the wallets, and spoke to a Tim regarding the mailed items. He placed me on hold to check the account status, when he returned, his records indicated having received one wallet. I told him of the conversation with Virginia and the confirmation number. I was placed on hold, when he returned he suggested Takir call him and the matter would be resolved, but he couldn't make any calls outside the company, Takir would have to call him.

I called Takir at 800-525-6650, waiting for the instructions to dial in the extension number, a Dana answered, I requested to speak to Takir at ext.2226, Dana advised she could not put me through to any extension and Takir knew that, but she would send him an interoffice email and have him return my call immediately. Although she had told me earlier they could not dial out.

In the meantime I could speak to his supervisor a G. Bolen but she was busy, however she would connect me to a voice mail, before I could ask any questions, I was transferred and a few minutes, a dial tone!

I called World Financial Network National Bank 800-866-6788 also trading as UMG, leaving my name and telephone number for a return call. If only I had checked "Rip-off Bad Business" before this debacle with Chadwick's and their cohorts, FNNB and UMG, I wouldn't have had anything to do with Chadwick's.

All of these companies are in a conspiracy to rip-off and scam the consumer sending unordered items, exorbitant fees, lies about not receiving returned items and continually increasing late and other fees.

Obvious scams by all parties involved. Editor, is there any advice to settle this matter without further phone tag and aggravation?

Ruby
Sicklerville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chadwicks-World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-United-Marketing/San-Antonio-Texas-78265-9728/Chadwicks-World-Financial-Network-National-Bank-United-Marketing-Sent-3items-not-425359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chadwick's - World Financial Network - National Bank, United Marketing