Complaint Review: Champion Energy LLC

• Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: Sally — Joliet Illinois United States of America
Champion Energy LLC
1500 Rankin Road, Suite 200 Houston, Texas United States of America

Champion Energy LLC An Electric Company That Doesn't Know the First Thing About Taking Care of the Customer. Houston, Texas

*Author of original report: Champion Energy, LLC contacted me

This is regarding my electric service.  My company in Illinois is Commonwealth Edison but we were allowed to choose a company to supply electric service that was cheaper and I chose Champion Energy, LLC because I would get my electric from wind.  Well, with the first bill everything went wrong.  I had just paid my balance to ComEd and I get a bill from Champion a week later telling me I owe over $300.  I called and explained that I had paid what I owed to ComEd and they said that I should pay what I owe them minus what I mailed to ComEd.  I did this but  bill after bill and phone call after phone call would not remove the original amount that ComEd received even though it was gone from Champion's books.  They also were not supposed to send me a bill but send it to ComEd who would then send me a bill for what I owed to Champion for electric and ComEd for delivery.  By the third month they threw me off of their service and I called crying to a Jose Machuca who was supposed to be a supervisor.  He told me it was their fault and I would be put back on their service.  Well another two months go by and I am told by ComEd that I am not on Champion's service, after I had paid for two months billing in one month to Champion.  Jose didn't even have the decency to tell me that he couldn't get me back with his company.  He just left me hang.

Now I am finally caught up with ComEd and Champion wants an extra $82 for leaving the service early and I told them I didn't leave, they kicked me off.  I asked them to have a Supervisor or someone who is in charge of the company to call me and so far no one has.  I don't really expect them to because of previous requests for them to call and they don't.  I just think that they have bad business practices and it is not fair that I must pay for  an early leave from the company that I was trying to stay with.  Also, I want the charges removed from my bill and the leftover money I paid them returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Champion-Energy-LLC/Houston-Texas-77032/Champion-Energy-LLC-An-Electric-Company-That-Doesnt-Know-the-First-Thing-About-Taking-Ca-962748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Champion Energy LLC

Champion Energy, LLC contacted me

AUTHOR: jazzysal - (United States of America)

Champion Energy called me on November 1, 2012, which is faster than any other time I have asked them to call me.  They agreed that the problems were their fault and I would be refunded my overpayment of $2.50.  They would also speak with the person that said he would take care of everything and who also told me he was a supervisor and he wasn't.  I will await my refund and when that is received, I will post my final assessment.