Complaint Review: Champion Enterprises Unlimited

• Reported By: elna_11 — Boise Idaho United States of America
Champion Enterprises Unlimited
Naples, Florida United States of America

Champion Enterprises Unlimited Disgusting "Mr. James Brown" Naples, Florida

It was a normal summer day for a college student. I woke up around 11am on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 in Boise, ID to find "James Brown" ringing my doorbell. He stood about 5' 8''-9'', wide set, dark skin, and dark short hair. He sported a very "Guido" look.

I was still in my robe and tried to get rid of him because I felt uncomfortable. He insisted to making conversation and telling me about himself and how he was from NY. I believed him, his laugh sounded like something you heard on Jersey Shore. God, it was annoying!

He went on about how he was in a contest to win a trip to Europe. Being from Europe myself I encouraged him to pursue it. He told me that the contest entailed selling subscriptions for magazines to gain "points" the person with the most points wins. Simple enough I thought. I had no intention of buying anything from him because I am a broke college student who really didn't need a magazine subscription. But, he carried on. He started making inappropriate jokes and asking me if I had a boyfriend because I was "gorgeous". I started feeling uncomfortable and just wanted to get rid of him.

I decided I would get the Rolling Stones subscription since I enjoy music/entertainment and none of the other magazines appealed to me. I wrote him a check; he gave me my "receipt" and told me that it would take a while for the magazine to arrive, usually no later than 120 days. He wrote the "link for the website to their website" (www.freetotravelusa.org) <really clever. And also wrote down some numbers which he said was the phone number (866-444-7031). He thanked me a bunch and then was finally on his way.

After he left, I had a bad feeling in my gut and after the weeks passed and no magazine showed up, I had a feeling I had been scammed. It wasn't until today that I got curious and decided to look up the company to see what they were all about, and to my surprise, they don't exist.

But I was able to come across this website, where I found that people had similar experiences and a woman was even caught (Mountain Home, Idaho.) Now, I want to see this "James Brown" get caught and spend some nice jail time for ripping off people especially college students. I know that he went door to door in my neighborhood, where college students live. That is sick! He is manipulative and preys on young women. This guy has to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Champion-Enterprises-Unlimited/Naples-Florida-34116/Champion-Enterprises-Unlimited-Disgusting-Mr-James-Brown-Naples-Florida-907943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Champion Enterprises Unlimited