Complaint Review: Champion Mortgage

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2007

• Reported By:ALTOONA Pennsylvania
Champion Mortgage
2 Gatehall Drive Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

Champion Mortgage Ripped me off! ripoff Parsippany New Jersey

I took out a mortgage with Championon 4/10/02. The amount financed was $41,200.00. The finance charge for 30 years is $131,759.22. I was separated from my husband at the time and feel that Champion took advantage of me. This finance charge is more than triple what I had borrowed. Also, on my contract they have that the secured property address is xxAvenue, Altoona, PA 16601. This is in-correct. The correct address is xx. It also says on my contract that if the lender offers to give you a mortgage with a variable interest rate, you are entitle by law to also be offered a mortgage with an interst rate which will not change. I was not offered a fixed interest rate.

I feel that Champion Mortgage took advantage of me knowing the situation that I was in. They now have my home in foreclosure. I lost my $35,000 a year job in 2/2003 and tried to work with them to help me. This was my childhood home and have lived here for 41 out of my 44 years.

Mary Ann
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Champion-Mortgage/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Champion-Mortgage-Ripped-me-off-ripoff-Parsippany-New-Jersey-261602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Champion Mortgage