Complaint Review: Champion Window

• Reported By: Ruthie — Wales Wisconsin United States of America
Champion Window
12100 West Wirth Street Wauwatosa, WI 53222 Internet United States of America

Champion Window Don't Be Fooled by Champion Windows Sale Pitch! Internet

I don't make a habit of writing bad reviews or look to hurt a companies reputation, but I feel I need to let other people know that Champion Windows are not a good buy.

We bought an older home in 2004 that needed new windows. I made the mistake of not doing my research on window companies out there and just went to the showroom in Wauwatosa for Champion Windows. The person that gave me information there was not convincing, but I scheduled an in home sales appointment, which was a big mistake.

The salesman came to our home and was friendly enough. He gave us the sales pitch, which included physically punching the window. This impressed us at the time. He pressured us into a price that was only good while he was there. So we signed thinking we were getting a deal. The windows were installed several weeks later.

We started having problems with the windows the first winter. [continued below]....
..... There is a hole in the casement of the windows to drain water that physically hits the exterior of the window when in rains. This makes sense but when it is cold out the air blows through this and you will feel it if your sitting near the window.  And when I say we felt it, I mean it was like we had our old 40 year old windows.

I  called Champion,and of course the mood of the receptionist let me know that they weren't happy to come out, but they did, and they put foam down inside the corners of the window to prevent draft. And granted this did help some, but when its very cold I still feel a draft!  This made me upset because we never would have bought the windows had we understood this would have been a problem.

Then we started to have problems with the windows when we cleaned them. The panes came of off the pins. This is hard to explain but basically the windows are snapped in place with a pin and it easily pops out of place when you open them to clean them from the inside. And it is physically very difficult to get back in. The plastic that holds the pin in is physically impossible for me to move at all. Hence your windows fall open when you unlock them. Beware that your fingers aren't in the way either up by the lock or below. You'll get them smashed good! Which I did once.

Since then I've had champion come out twice to snap the pains back into place on multiple windows. The pins fall out and also the part that the pins snap into have broken on us. The window locks have broken on one window.

The technicians they have had come out are super grumpy. I was trying to be friendly but this one guy that came out was really creepy. I sensed something wasn't right with him. I was so relieved when he was done and left my house.

I bought the windows in 2006. So they may have changed the design since then. And Now today, September 2012, they are coming out to fix the pins again! This is the fourth time I've had to have someone out in the 6 years we've had them.

I don't think it's me, these windows are not worth what we paid for them. Which was $8000 for 13 windows.  If I could do  this home repair over I would not choose them. When your making such a major purchase, the product should not have so many problems.

Buyer  beware, don't buy champion windows.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Champion-Window/internet/Champion-Window-Dont-Be-Fooled-by-Champion-Windows-Sale-Pitch-Internet-942831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Champion Window