Complaint Review: Chandler Hill

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 13, 2004

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Chandler Hill
5 Concourse Parkway Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Chandler Hill Partners Ripoff Report I Should Have Believed What I Read ripoff Atlanta Georgia *Update: Rip-off Report Investigation: Chandler Hill Partners -Hopefully other career and job search firms will learn from Chandler Hill Partners example, instead of trying to push them out of business by lying about their integrity.

*Consumer Comment: Oh, this so happened to me as well.

========================

I found these article before I signed with Chandler, and thought that every company has a few complaints, so I didn't believe. What, with being located in plush accommodations, and only 2 complaints found, I let my Christian belief in others and my desire for employment fog my vision to the point I signed as well. The others are correct. I now have a $4900 resume accompanied by a website that no one knows is there.

I was told, "we have contacts in just about every major company in Atlanta" - they have none. The so called names they show you how to find can be found via any company site search. During the initial interview, it was always we can do this, we have this, we get you in! What it actually is is me, me, me. I wrote the resume, I do the contact research, and I have to make the calls. They assisted some along the way, but now it is pretty much up to me. Boy, I really got sold the time share in Florida! Now alls I can do, is hope for the best. I'm not saying I haven't learned anything from them, but I could have learned the same via a $25 book.

It is so nice to know that there are still major companies out there that proudly announce their membership in the Better Business Bureau, yet clear take advantage of the unemployed.

bj
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2004 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chandler-Hill/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/Chandler-Hill-Partners-Ripoff-Report-I-Should-Have-Believed-What-I-Read-ripoff-Atlanta-Geo-118146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chandler Hill

Oh, this so happened to me as well.

AUTHOR: Ript - (U.S.A.)

I went to Chandler Hill as a result of one of Chandler's employment adds listed on a local job site. It said;"Managers Needed, $50k to $300K"

So I went, and talked to Terry Bliss in Atlanta. By the time I'd left, I felt like I'd been mugged and my wallet was almost 5 grand lighter. All this inferences on how Chandler Hill could get you in past the gatekeepers to see the people who really do the hiring. How they had contacts in all the big companies in Atlanta. How the provided you with the best resumes and letters. How, I'd have no problem getting employment within 3 months. How you had a personal campaign manager to get you in the door and employed. How companies come to Chandler for their employees. How I would get a page on Chandlers website where all the companies in Atlanta routinely visit. I could go on, but this is about all I have the stomach to admit to at the moment.

This is how it really is. Chandler takes advantage of the unemployed by sweet talking you with the prospect of employment, how much help they'll be to you, and a discounted offer if you pay all up front. I had some assistance with resume writing and putting together a web page but basically, I could have gotten the same thing for $200 online somewhere. I'm well past 3 months now and haven't had a single interview. I have to print my own resumes and letters eventhough it is clearly stated in their supplied material that they do it. As far as their websearch capabilities, they already cancel one of there search engine programs, and the information you can get is no differnent than what you'd get in a normal online company search. Chandler Hill DOES NOT have contacts any of the Atlanta companies, but said" Oh, we'll look someone up you can contact" As far as the website I've put up. It is nothing more than an online resume. I had some research done for me. I had someone I know who has an in, via HR, to many of the companies in Atlanta. They basically spam emailed the HR departments of many many companies asking if their company had every used Chandler Hill to fill vacancies. She had over 60 replies that said NO.

So here I am, scammed of my money. In possession of an Chandler Hill agreement stating that I will not discuss what goes on inside Chandler Hill or there methodolgies, and still with out a job.

Oh, one last thing. They said they'd train me in interviewing and negociating skills. Sure, right. I got a couple of pages of printed info on that. I should have just bought a "Getting a Job for Dumbies: It would have been cheaper.