Complaint Review: Chaney's Used Cars, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 23, 2008

• Reported By:Winter Haven Florida
Chaney's Used Cars, Inc.
1500 US Hwy 27 S Avon Park, Florida U.S.A.

Chaney's Used Cars, Inc. defaulted on a contract and will not refund downpayment Avon Park Florida

*Author of original report: Chaney's Used cars, Avon Park, Fl

On 02/29/2008, I purchased a vehicle from the Chaney's Used Cars and gave a $ 2000.00 down payment, the sales guy told me that I need $795.00 for taxes up front, so I told him I didn't have anymore cash that was it for the down payment, he said that Mr. Chaney agreed to let me pay the 795.00 in three installments w/ the first three car payments being 175.00 the first being on the 14th of March, the 28th of March and the 11th of April 2008. I did not make the first two scheduled payments as noted of 395.00 each in a two week period of a vehicle contract (the highest I ever seen) and on the 10th of April Chaney's used cars used false practices to have the car picked up from my residence, but the contract clearly states that the default is on the 11th of April,

I have made several attempts to redeem the car from the car lot but he keeps giving me the run around and stated that I will have to start over with another 2500.00 down payment and my 2000.00 down payment is just lost. I have since contacted the Atty generals office, the dept of motor vehicles florida, and the BBB, I'm awaiting a response and I'm consulting (looking) for a private atty.

Stacey
Winter Haven, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chaneys-Used-Cars-Inc/Avon-Park-Florida/Chaneys-Used-Cars-Inc-defaulted-on-a-contract-and-will-not-refund-downpayment-Avon-Park-333487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chaney's Used Cars, Inc.

Chaney's Used cars, Avon Park, Fl

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

Gerald Chaney owner of Chaney's in Avon Park settled the contract w/ me for the vehicle in the report and made GOOD, and he let me get the vehicle, he called personally and discussed the mattera nd the same day he had me back at the car lot, So the previous report regarding Chaney's is NULL and VOID. Thanks to everyone who assisted in this matter.