• Report: #452068

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Port St Lucie Florida
Chaney's Used Cars
1500 US 27 S Avon Park, Florida U.S.A.

Chaney's Used Cars Rip Off & Scam Artist Avon Park Florida

*Consumer Comment: Solution

I bought a truck from Chaney's and I was late on one payment they came and Repoed the truck. I called and they told me to come in with the one payment and since my next payment was due the next day I would need that also. I drove 2.5 hours over there to give them cash and get my truck back. They told me my truck wasn't there and they didn't know where it was and if I wanted to go out on the lot and pick another one out. They had at this time stolen my personal property in the truck and the truck as well. I got the run around for hours and I called the Sherriffs office they came out. Then they were willing to work with me. They told me they would have my truck delivered to me by 8:00 pm that night and it is now 1:30am and no truck. Chaney's told me to pay the tow truck driver the money. I have read reports on here about them and this company is a scam because Royce Chaney(the owner) also owns the towing co Pronto Towing in Sebring,Fl. There were two other people in Chaney's the same time as I was and they are doing the same thing to them. I am going to report to channel 27 News and channel 12 news about this co also The Attorneys General, consumer Affairs and who ever I can get this out to. This co is a rip-off and a scam. They will have my truck back out on the lot for sale tomorrow I am going to shut this co down so they can not do this to anyone else again. Anyone willing to help.

Elaina
Port St Lucie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chaneys-Used-Cars/Avon-Park-Florida-33825/Chaneys-Used-Cars-Rip-Off-Scam-Artist-Avon-Park-Florida-452068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chaney's Used Cars

Solution

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Here's a solution to all your problems. PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!