Complaint Review: Chaparral Motorsports

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Tim — Riverside California United States of America
Chaparral Motorsports

Chaparral Motorsports Overcharged for installation of switched product after lying about availability of bait product over the phone. San Bernardino, California Internet

This is by far the worst experience I have had at a motorcycle parts / service dealership.  First of all, since I was coming in from out of town, I called ahead to make sure they had the windshield I needed in stock before committing to driving there.  The told me over the phone the windshield was in stock.  Secondly, I go to the service area to write up a ticket prior to going inside to buy the windshield.  The service department took a half hour just to write the ticket, inspect the bike, and look up some recall stuff they wanted to do, since Kawasaki would pay for it.

After that was done, I go inside to buy the windshield.  Unlike what they told me on the phone, no windshield in stock.  I settle for a smaller, less complex to install windshield.  After I come to pick up my bike, I find the windshield only has two brackets that hand tighten onto the handlebars. [continued below]....
.....  The one they quoted me 1.5 hours labor to install was a much more complex installation, but they insisted on charging me the same 1.5 hours for the 5 minute installation!!  I kept asking the service guy, 'Can you in good conscience tell me this is $120 worth of installation?!!!  He would only say that is what the going rate is for aftermarket windshield installation, and denied it was a bait and switch scam.

Suffice it to say, Chaparral Motorsports is a RIP OFF of the highest order, and I will never go back there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chaparral-Motorsports/internet/Chaparral-Motorsports-Overcharged-for-installation-of-switched-product-after-lying-about-975929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chaparral Motorsports