Complaint Review: Chapman Dodge Chrysler Jeep

• Reported By: Steven Hart — Las Vegas Nevada
Chapman Dodge Chrysler Jeep
3175 East Sahara Las Vegas, Select State/Province USA

Chapman Dodge Chrysler Jeep Buyer Beware. Used car ripoff. Las Vegas Nevada

I tried to purchase a used vehicle from Chapman Dodge. I made an appointment to see a car I had viewed online. When I got there, I was told it was sold. I later found out that was a lie. I was steered towards another car that was similar in design and price. I did a test drive and spent the next three hours in the office while the deal was being "approved". I signed the paperwork and drove the car home.

A few days later the salesman called and said that they needed to go with a different finance company and I would need to come back in and sign new paperwork. I was out of town on vacation but came back in when I returned. The deal had changed considerably and I was going to have to put $500.00 more down, which I agreed to. The temporary tags were about to expire so I asked for new ones and they said they cpouldn't do that or they would get a $10,000.00 fine. According to the DMV, that was another lie.

A couple weeks dragged on and the financing was still not approved. In the meantime, my wife got a very expensive ticket for having expired tags. I called the dealership and demanded new tags until the deal was done and they decided to back out of the deal. I called a lawyer and he said that they would have to refund my down payment and return my trade in. The guy from the dealership that I returned the car to verified that.

I have been to the dealership twice to pick up my refund and have been told to wait while the check is being processed. After several hours, I was told that person dealing with it had gone home. My trade in is nowhere to be seen. Six months later and still no refund or trade in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chapman-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep/Las-Vegas-Select-StateProvince-89104/Chapman-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Buyer-Beware-Used-car-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1075834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chapman Dodge Chrysler Jeep