Complaint Review: Chapman Dodge Las Vegas

• Submitted: Mon, November 08, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, November 08, 2004

• Reported By:West Hills California
Chapman Dodge Las Vegas
3470 Boulder Highway Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Chapman Chrysler Jeep Ripoff sells bogus cars with invalid extended warranties AND will not pay for repair costs Las Vegas Nevada

Problem #1: Internet salesman said that car was serviced a couple days prior to my arrival. Some fluid was leaking from the vehile and he passed it off as some "cleaning solution" used to detail the engine.

Problem #2: I was sold an extended warranty for the vehicle, that did not cover vehicle at all; for an additional $1500

Problem #3: Vehicle did not start the following morning I purchased the car. That day, it was Sunday and the entire dealership was closed. I had no choice but to jumpstart the vehicle, and miraculously I made it home 300 miles away.

The following day, I contacted Chapman Dodge who was not very sympathetic to my situation and nearly hesitant to help me.

Problem #4: Chapman Dodge eventually gives me the OK to have the car towed to my local service station and clearly indicated that they will pay for the repairs and will seek an extended service plan that will suit my needs and provided a rental car at their cost.

However, a week and a half later and a $1200+ repair bill in limbo -- Chapman Dodge will not cover the full cost of repairs and will no longer cover the rental car now that the repairs are complete.

At this point, I have invested a lot of time and money for a car that I have only driven approximately 300 miles, has broken down on me, and has caused sooooo much inconvenience and Chapman Dodge now wants to hold me responsible the repairs on a vehicle they want me to pay $400/month on???

Susan
West Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2004 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chapman-Dodge-Las-Vegas/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89121/Chapman-Chrysler-Jeep-Ripoff-sells-bogus-cars-with-invalid-extended-warranties-AND-will-no-116779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chapman Dodge Las Vegas