Complaint Review: Chappelle Construction

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Vanessa — Durham North Carolina United States of America
Chappelle Construction
3213 Barwell Road Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Chappelle Construction Charles Chappelle Charles Chappelle came to my home to give estimate of doing back spash in Kitchen and power washing the home. We agreed upon $500.00 - 350.00 Kitchen and 150.00 Power Washing. Raleigh, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Charles Chappell -"preaching"

Charles Chappelle- owner to do back splash in Kitchen $350.00 and Power Washing for $150.00 Needed money in advance. Had to buy all materials - including tile cutter. Paid 300.00 to get job started.

Job started 10/18/11. Bought 2 men to home. Tile laid on walls

10.19/2011 Charles to home - stated he had to have @2500.00 for a concrete job- in which he was to make $19,000. He had investment forms which had to be notarized. Went to my bank and gave him the $2500.00. He was to repay in one month. Which he said he was paid and put money in a Dupont Bank. Requested another $100.00 to pay men.

10/20/2011 Men came to grout kitchen walls. Charles needed the balance to pay men. He said he would come next day for power washing. Never came again.

I have called him about work undone and he tells me he is so busy. He don"t even have time to think.
He said he have a funeral home business that keeps him busy. The funeral home is in Garner, North Carolina and it is run by his parents- Own by his parents. Chappell Funeral Home

When I call about my money $2650.00 , he have sinsus problems, headache, I call him too early, or he have to go to the bank.

This drama have been going on for about 3 months.  I have written letters to him, Attorney General, and AARP, still with no luck in getting my money back.

I would appreciate it, if you can help me stop this individual before someone else gets scammed.

I only wanted work to be done in my home - which still have a lot of repairs needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chappelle-Construction/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27610/Chappelle-Construction-Charles-Chappelle-Charles-Chappelle-came-to-my-home-to-give-estimat-828170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chappelle Construction

Charles Chappell -"preaching"

AUTHOR: Vanessa - ()

Mr. Charles Chappell still has not made any effort to repay my money.

He has had several incidents of taking people money under false pretense.

There has been no law or court able to stop him.

Now he had another gig- "preaching" or should I say robbing the people in the name of God.

How do you report this to keep someone else from getting caught up in his web?

Church Beware- "A New Beginning Empowerment Ministries" Phone number is fake