Complaint Review: Chaps Cheap Towing

• Submitted: Mon, May 13, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: irisF48 — Houston Texas

Chaps Cheap Towing stuck me with EZ Tag Tolls payments Houston Texas

I contacted Chaps Cheap Towing services to pick-up my disabled car from the Dealer so that I would not be charged storage fees as the dealer would be making repairs to the car.

On April 30, 2013, Chaps Cheap Towing services picked-up my car and in the process of transporting it to my home location, he drove through 4 EZ Tag destinated toll lanes without having an authorized EZ Tag sticker on his wrecker truck window.

Harris County Toll Road Authority sent me via mail a Toll Violation Invoice in the amount of $47.50.

I did not at the time my car was transportation to me by Chaps Cheap Towing Services get a receipt showing that I had paid for services rendered.  So now I am stuck and liable for payment to the HCTRA based on the actions of Chaps Cheap Towing Services which initially charged me $140.00 for the tow from the car dealer's location to my home location.

When I contacted Chaps Cheap Towing Services they immediately asked me why didn't I get a receipt and then proceeded to get ugly with me, saying that I had an attitude with him and hung up the phone.

Whatever you do folks, do not use this service as they will rip you off and stick you with the payment of EZ Tag tolls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chaps-Cheap-Towing/internet/Chaps-Cheap-Towing-stuck-me-with-EZ-Tag-Tolls-payments-Houston-Texas-1050491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chaps Cheap Towing