Complaint Review: Charles Downing

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Bridget Afandi — North Little Rock Arkansas United States of America
Charles Downing

Charles Downing Ripped ME, and MANY other of my associates out of $300 each, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Arrested

*Consumer Comment: in puerto rico

*Consumer Comment: on the move

Charles Downing and his co-hort, Reggie Shropshire (self-entitled "Action Coach") rolled into our office to give a lively and rather impressive presentation and after about an hour and a half of our time, many of us - about ten agreed to sign up for a series of four "Selling Power" seminars and paid in advance for these seminars which were scheduled to take place about once every three months over the course of the next year.

On December 16th about 200 people attended what was propbably the lousiest seminar I'd ever attended. Many Realtors left half way through it, but I was optimistic it would get better - it never did.

The 1st seminar was an ALL DAY 9-5pm seminar booked at The Peabody - one of the finest hotels in downtown Little Rock, AR. Each seminar was costing us about $75, we were not served lunch, or let alone a SNACK. [continued below]....
..... When I left the seminar, I didn't feel like I'd really LEARNED anything and spoke to my other colleagues back at the office about it and they said the same thing. He STUNK.

Ironically, in this seminar people from other industries were attending too - which surprised me.

I paid for these seminars with a credit card and my CC Co. has agreed to credit me back the $ I'm out from this con-artist's run-a-way dog and pony show. So, I am fortunate there. I'm still mad that myself and so many for other realtors who were duped into forking over money we worked SO HARD for, Funny thing was, most of us had at this original presentation iphones, and were instructed to turn them off so they wouldn't be a disctraction - if any of us had thought of it, we could have easily Google'd this chump and found out what a scam artist he is... and we didn't.

Many of my colleagues don't believe in paying for services with credit card and so they paid this man with a check. For those folks, I'm sure they will NEVER recoup the financial loss.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charles-Downing/internet/Charles-Downing-Ripped-ME-and-MANY-other-of-my-associates-out-of-300-each-Internet-744864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charles Downing

Arrested

AUTHOR: Alias - (USA)

Here is the link for the arrest. It was on drug charges, please call the police in your area for the charges of what he did to all of you..

in puerto rico

AUTHOR: Aka alias - (United States of America)

He is not in las vegas. He is in a mental health group home in puerto rico trying to get his bipolar with pys otic eisodes under control with medicine. By the way, its a little funny you select few attack him. He has a whopping 14 complaints after 21 years of sales. Out of tens of thousands of seminar attendees,14 complaints...really people? And 3 of the complaints are from a scorned ex wife, a non paying tenant who was bi polar as well, and a ex girlfriend. Really????? You all must have no life whatsoever. God bless you!

on the move

AUTHOR: Tina - (United States of America)

It is believed that as of late, Sean Charles Downing has returned to Vegas. Not sure how this info will help. Here's hoping he is arrested before doing anything else stupid.