Complaint Review: Charles Downing

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Diane — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Charles Downing

Charles Downing Selling Power Seminar TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Arrested

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Company is out of business completly

*Consumer Comment: Charles/Sean Downing on the RUN!!!

*Consumer Comment: Scam artist has a new name

*General Comment: this happened to me too

Charles Downing came in and spoke at our morning meeting, and at the end of his presentation, at least 15 of us signed up. He touted himself as having been trained by the top motivational guru's in the nation, and offered a great deal for a series of 4 Selling Power seminars. My account was immediately charged the discounted price of $299.00 (because more than 5 people signed up), and I did receive 2 emails soliciting referrals, but no confirmation for the seminar. This was on January 26th. Time passed, still no confirmation, so I sent them an email, requesting a confirmation. That was 5 days ago, and still no response. Today, at our morning meeting, I asked my broker if anyone else was still waiting for a confirmation. I was informed that several people had been double billed, and that the corporate broker was investigating the matter. None of his phone calls have been answered. When I Googled Charles Downing and the Selling Power Seminars, I came up with many complaints regarding a similar seminar given by Sean Downing.....hmmmmm. After calling Red Rock Casino, where we were told the event would take place, I was informed that the facility was NEVER BOOKED! This was not the first time the catering department had to break this news to someone. I have since called my bank, and was informed that they did attempt to charge me a second time, but this was a new account, and I use it for my real estate business, and only put money in when necessary, so fortunately, the funds were not there to allow the transaction to go through. Others in my office were billed $299, then credited $299, then billed $399, and billed $399 again.

It is unfortunate that while attempting to polish our selling skills, that we were taken advantage in this way. This man needs to be arrested!!!! What SCUM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2011 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charles-Downing/internet/Charles-Downing-Selling-Power-Seminar-TAKE-YOUR-MONEY-AND-RUN-DO-NOT-FALL-FOR-THIS-SCAM-704188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charles Downing

Arrested

AUTHOR: Alias - (USA)

Here is the link for the arrest. It was on drug charges, please call the police in your area for the charges of what he did to all of you..

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Company is out of business completly

AUTHOR: Aka alias - (United States of America)

See other posts...he is severly sick and ill.

Charles/Sean Downing on the RUN!!!

AUTHOR: Alias - (USA)

I had the displeasure of meeting Charles/Sean Downing (Same Person) in Puerto Rico. I was on an extended vacation living on the island of Vieques and the main island of the Puerto Rico. I met Sean and his girlfriend and was renting from them. Within the first week of living there I had found out that he has ripped off many people across the United States. He stole almost 100K from a pastor, $$ from realtors in Las Vegas, Texas, Arizona and who knows where else. This guy currently has the FBI looking for him as well of multiple states. I spoke to the Detective in Las Vegas as well a couple of realtors across the country letting them know where he was staying. This guy is so bad that his girlfriend who is a disabled vet was ripped off for almost 70K. The girlfriend and him broke up and he was living on Vieques, PR. He only lasted about a week on the island because he tried to pickup older women of means. The island is small & everyone looks out for each other and it did not take long before he had a sign on his back. He was last seen taking the last ferry on a Sunday to the main island. I know he is low on cash because he was selling everything he could of his stuff as well as his ex-girlfriends things that he had stolen. I assisted her in going to police in Puerto Rico but he had left before they could arrest him. I do know he checks the Ripoffreport.com website because the employee responses you have seen are by him!!! I will post to the other reports on this website so others will know the latest. Charles/Sean I can not wait to read your arrest on the web!!!!

Scam artist has a new name

AUTHOR: Tina - (United States of America)

You were all taken by a man who has been on ripoff reports for years. Look under Sean Downing doing business under the business name Sales Success International. I have shared all of this info with the fbi.

#5 General Comment

this happened to me too

AUTHOR: jessica - (United States of America)

Hello this happened to me and 3 others in my office as well... we went to the police stating and filed a police report and if they find him he now has felony charges. there are a couple of other real estate companies that are filing police reports as well. i think that if there are enough reports they will actually do something about it.