Complaint Review: Charles F. Jaramillo Co.

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 16, 2012

• Reported By:coatesville Pennsylvania
Charles F. Jaramillo Co.
460 West Gay St. West Chester, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Charles F. Jaramillo Co. ripoff, scammed, scammer, thief, contractor scams, Paid and did not complete services. Poor Quality of work. West Chester Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Very Surprised at NewJersye Realestate

*Consumer Comment: Don't Trust This Man

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Letter of Recommendation From A Very Happy Customer

*Consumer Comment: Charlie Jaramillo Is A Life Saver

*Consumer Comment: Great and Honest Developer/Builder

This company was contracted to work on my home following a house fire. All contracts were set and in place and he began to work accordingly . Once insurance company began to send the checks to him for the work the contractor stopped all work .

After repeated attempts to get him back into the house to work he got tired of my harrassment and begun slow working again. The work was so shabby some things need replacing after only 3 months. This home was left inhabitable. He did not finish the home and left it without kitchen facilities. Doors. Holes the size of basketballs in the floors where vents go. Holes in ceilings and walls incomplete.

entry ways went unfinished after laying carpet and tile so now the tile is cracking at both entry ways to the kitchen. Toilets are not bolted to floor. bathroom vanity's are not attached to the wall.

He blocked off the entire floor where the fire was and made it to where we cannot even use it. He only cleaned the area out. Did not repair anything. He recieved a total of 45,000.00 and left the property in such a disarray that I recieved fines from my city for trash.
He has been able to produce papers showing I signed claiming the house was complete to original order as per contract.

However I never signed such a paper, All papers presented to me where to confirm work was being done on the house NOT completed.

When I requested reciepts for my insurance company to prove that money was being used to fix this home (as little as it was) This company would not send the reciepts. To this company has not done so and will not return phone calls.

When I speak with office personel they tell me that Mr. Jaramillo is in Atlantic City or he is out and they would have him call. I have asked personel to send the reciepts they to have not complied after stating they would do so. I have sent Mr. Jaramillo a certified letter and he has failed to respond.

Mary
coatesville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2004 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charles-F-Jaramillo-Co/West-Chester-Pennsylvania-19380/Charles-F-Jaramillo-Co-ripoff-scammed-scammer-thief-contractor-scams-Paid-and-did-n-81126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charles F. Jaramillo Co.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Very Surprised at NewJersye Realestate

AUTHOR: Very Disappointed in Ocean City NJ - ()

I am surprised that New Jersey Real Estate ( I think formerly Ocean City Realty Kevin Redmond) would allow such a problem to happen with one of his properties.

This contractor is known to be crocked up and down this block  because apparently he messes up where ever he does work in Ocean City along this block,  Everyone talks about what he has done to the good people here. The owners obviously  know each other and the conrtactor has no idea of how everyone knows each other in this block and everyone watches the scam he is committing every day he is here.

It is a sickening way to spend your vacation.

I Rented Josh's Condo

AUTHOR: Very Disappointed in Ocean City NJ - ()

JOSH YOU SHOULD GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOU AGAIN!

WHEN YOUR PLACE IS FIXED UP IN A PROPER MANNER, I WILL CONSIDER IT BUT THEN AGAIN THERE ARE ALOT MORE PLACES NICER AND SAFER TO LIVE IN THEN WHAT YOUR CONTRACTOR MADE OUR RENTAL UNIT TO BE.......WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED SECION 8 FOR A SHORE RENTAL!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Kitchen Cabinets fell off the wall

AUTHOR: Very Disappointed in Ocean City NJ - ()

Excuse me while I catch my breath after reading everything about Charles Jaramillo.

I rented this property!!!!!

The cabinets fell off the wall and my daughter tripped over the re bar in the ground of NEXT DOOR where he was doing Cement Work!

I called the City.....Not a way to spend your vactation.  I was so glad to find this site!

Charles Jaramillo

AUTHOR: Hates Scum Bags - ()

A good friend hired Jaramillo to make repairs to his home.  This guy talked a good game, but it eventually became obvious that he never intended to either do a decent job or to even finish the job.  As soon as he got all the money he was going to get, this fraud just stopped.

My friend then hired a real contractor to finish the work.  Unfortunately a lot more was needed than just "finishing the work".  This guy did such sloppy work that additional thousands had to be spent to rip out and replace the little bit of work he had done.

I have personally heard this clown's promises to my friend, and I have personally seen the shoddy work he left behind.  I could have done a better job and I'm not a contractor.  But then again, neither is Jaramillo.  I was with my friend every step of the way and I witnessed the lies, the delaying tactics, the failure to show up, the excuses, and the phony indignation when he was confronted.

I remember that when my friend hired Jaramillo, he had found a negative report on Jaramillo at that time.  I remember the phony sincerity as Jaramillo explained that report away.  He is definately an accomplished liar.  I'm sure he's very practiced at explaining away negative reports.

This is evident by the fact that the author of at least one of the positive reports on this page is so clearly Jaramillo himself.

I have never hired this fraud myself.  He never stole my money.  So I have no reason to do anything other than tell the truth.  My only goal is to keep this clown from taking advantage of anyone else.  So, consider yourself warned.  Jaramillo will lie very convincingly to get at your money.  If you fall for his lies after reading this, you deserve what you get.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Really.....Charles Jaramillo

AUTHOR: Nancy - ()

Stop promising people wonderful things....Stop your wrong business practices...Stop the bait and Switch,,,,Do the right thing.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Positive Comments for Charles Jaramillo

AUTHOR: Abby - ()

Any possitive comments regarding Charles F. Jaramillo Co. you will notice are written by the author.  The author is Charles Jaramillo.  That is not accurate information Mr. Jaramillo coming from your own words.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Josh In Ocean City

AUTHOR: Bill - ()

Josh just a few words for you my man......You are avery lucky customer of Mr. Charles Jaramillo.  That is all I have to say.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not Very Honest

AUTHOR: Allison - ()

Charles Jaramillo tells you one thing and does what he wants once he gets all of your money.  Pretty much does a bait and switch!

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Be Careful with Charles Jaramillo

AUTHOR: Jed - ()

Josh from Ocean City is the lucky customer of Charles Jaramillo!

We did not have the same wonderful experiene that you did.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Promises Made and Not Kept in Ocean City

AUTHOR: Joan - ()

We lost our house to Hurricane Sandy in Ocean City Nj.  A friend recommended Charles Jaramillo to us  so we were confident that we chose the right Contractor.  We did not have the same wonderful experience that Josh in Ocean City did.  If fact we had the same experience as Mary in Coatesville.

Charles Jaramillo quotes you a price shows you all the wonderful things he can do for that price, you get excited, you hug him, you trust him and then the next day he tells you he needs more money.  "Can you do me a favor and I will do special things for you"

You give him more money to help the caring contractor out that our friend recommended to us and he does a little more work and wants more money.

After he gets more of your money he slows down and takes off for a while then does some more things to your house asks for more money because he needs money to pay his workers and that he will have the house done in a week.  He does a little bit more and then the work stops.  He's far from being done in a week.  He disappears.  When you try and call him he does not call you back.  So he has your money and he is gone.

He had all of these wonderful ideas.  He did do some  things were very impressed with but that is how he was able to get more of our money.  He then stopped working and we were left with a bathroom with no toilet or sink, no granite countertop, no plumbing connected under the house, electric connected wrong, rugs installed wrong, no green drywall in bathroom, the bathroom walls need to be taken down, and so on and so on.

That's not what we were promised.  We were promised that he would remove walls, make the house more modern and he would be done by Memorial Day at the latest no big deal.  In fact he was confident we would be in by the beginning of the summer.  Now it is August 9th!

When you sit down document the chain of events that have gone on with him and how many times you try and call him amnd he doesn't call you back you know that you have been scammed and then you have to call the police, your lawyer, get your locks changed and pay another contractor thousands of dollars to fix everything the right way

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disappeard in Ocean City New Jersey

AUTHOR: Bob - ()

We lost our house to Hurricane Sandy in Ocean City Nj.  A friend recommended Charles Jamarilloto us  so we were confident that we chose the right Contractor.  We did not have the same wonderful experience that Josh in Ocean City did.  If fact we had the same experience as Mary in Coatesville.

Charles Jamarillo did not complete the rebuild of our property after taking a large sum of our money as promised.  He comes across as a caring concerned contractor and goes full speed ahead for one day and then tells you he needs more money.  A lot more money.  He does a little more work and wants more money.

He takes off for a while then does some more things to your house asks for more money and does a little bit more and then the work stops.  Then he disappears.  When you try and call him he does not call you back.  So he has your money and he is gone.

He is a liar and can not be trusted.

Don't be fooled by this guy as we were.  He was recommended to us by a friend so we trusted him.  This scammer does not get permits nor is he licensed.  When the authorities come into your house after he has done work for you, you find out that the work he did was not to code and his work needed to be ripped out and re done at an additional expense over and above what he took from you.

Call your local authorities and your lawyer if you have had dealings with this man as we did.  You need to protect your investment and save yourself from losing thousands of dollars to him.

Don't Trust This Man

AUTHOR: Don't Trust This Man - ()

When Charles gets all of your money.  He disappears.  In the beginning he promises you everything and gets you excited.  You trust him you pay him up front and then he disappears and never answers his phone anymore!

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Letter of Recommendation From A Very Happy Customer

AUTHOR: Charles F Jaramillo - ()

When Hurricane Sandy devastated our tiny place in Ocean City, NJ, we did not know what to do. The flood insurance provider was not going to look at the damage for several weeks and we were responsible to start remediating all of the flood damaged walls and floors to prevent mold growth. I was too far away and far too busy to be able to do the work. My neighbor above me said that she could get a contractor from Coatesville, PA, who does home repairs for her realty company, to come down and   start gutting our place right away.  I agreed, though I had trepidation about the distance he had to travel and I was worried about not having any money yet from the insurance claim.

Charles Jaramillo and his crew worked day and night to remove all of the damaged materials. He called me daily with progress reports and sent me a ton of photos. This brought me great peace of mind.

With our unit completed gutted, I asked Charles about trying to open up our cramped quarters. He really worked hard to come up with creative ideas and suggested an amazing plan that would change the whole layout and add more space without touching the exterior.  His vision came to fruition and we are ecstatic about our "new" shore house. It is spacious with a modern look and he was even able to add another bathroom and a laundry room.

His work has added significant value to our property and has made it much more marketable and inviting to renters. But most of all, Charles was able to turn a negative into such a positive. From the destruction of Sandy, we now have a place that we love and enjoy.

Sincerely,

Josh Worth

Charlie Jaramillo Is A Life Saver

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

During the recent Super Storm, Sandy, we were hit hard!  An enormous oak tree fell and struck our house and garage causing massive damage to both, which was made worse by the water damage from the torrential rains.  Charlie came out immedately and helped us start to mitigate the damage as much as possible until the clean-up and repair work could be started, and this was before I even gave him a deposit.

The very next day, he came with a three man crew and began to remove the tree and begin repairs.  The whole job, includng a new roof on both structures, drywall & flooring removal and replacement, mold and mildew treatment, and debris removal and haul away was completed in three days.

Charlie was on time, and on budget throughout the entire project.  He and his crew were knowledgable and stayed on task, to complete the project a day sooner than estimated.  The price I was given at the begining, was the price I paid at the end.

They did quality work in all respects.  I have been planning to remodel my kitchen next year, and I have already chosen to have him do the work.  He came highly recommended by my sister who has used him for eleven different projects, at her various rental properties, over the last few years, with rave reviews at the completion of each.

I honestly can't say enough good things about my experience with Charlie, he got us back into our home with speed and quality workmanship!

Great and Honest Developer/Builder

AUTHOR: Khader - (United States of America)

I hired Charles F Jaramillo for multiple contracts. Two of them were related to my rental properties in coatesvillve, PA, third one was related to my commercial lot and fourth one was related to my primary home in Chester County.

In both rental properties - Charlie as popularly known as did the following for me:

1. replace roofs on both
2.  Renovate my both kitchens and
3. Updated the flooring and carpet
4. Updated the bathrooms in both the rentals

His quote/estimate was an honest precise - what you see is what you get estimate and superb quality job.

He also did not charge me for the junk removal of the basements and pulled extra work at no cost fixing lights, smoke detectors and cleaning the lawn...

He is an excellent builder with known expertise in this area. He followed Coatesville codes and brought speed and responsiveness to my issues when others didnt

On my commercial property on 133 East Lincoln Hwy -  He first completed the job and then I paid him. He got this done at a fraction of the price and met the standards of the codes and regulations.

On my Primary Home - He finished the basement when it was left as un-finished by the previous contractor who was crook and deceptive. Charles took the estimates to task and was honest and finished my basement in less than 2 weekends...  I highly recommend him for any residential and commercial work. He got my business from now. I am an investor who buys and builds homes nationwide.

If you have any questions, please let me know