Complaint Review: Charles Schwab

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Bereaved Widow — galesburg Illinois United States of America
Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Almost feel it's a plot to make me ill , Internet

Probably have twenty pages of back up, but was looking for a place to complain and went to the Schwab "complaint" site, as estates division is trying to insist, my husband, who died in October, 2012, did not have a POD - payable on death - named on his account.  Under Illinois Statutes it is not necessary to open an estate if assets are below a certain limit, and POD accounts are NOT included in the asset total.

So I am totally upset, and was looking for a placed to complain, when I found the Schwab "complaint" forum.  This is a cut and paste of my "chat" with them, - only slightly edited to leave off names:

Welcome to Schwab,  how can I help you

well, no one in estates has helped me so far, and saw this site so just kind of figures would see what happens

I am sorry that you did not get the assistance your needed from our Estates team. May I ask what is it you need help
with today?

: your estate person is saying my husband did not have a pod on his account, I know that he did, and i'm guessing the account was started some time between 74 and 84 with your chicago branch

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your husband

Due to security , here on chat, we do not have access
to account specific information so I would not be able to review this account
for you. However if you believe that the representative you spoke with may have
been mistaken, you could call back in and ask to speak with one of our
supervisors on that team.
They are
available at this time at:

ESTATE DISTRIBUTION
SERVICES . . . .
555 555 5555
8:30 am 8:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday
Friday

Thank you for your understanding. If you do not have any further questions, then I do hope for the best for you going
forward.

AND THEN I WAS TYPING WHAT IS BELOW AND DIDN'T GET IT SENT WHEN

Thank you for your interest in Schwab. You are not currently in a chat session. One moment please while we connect you to a Schwab investment professional. Please leave this window open to complete the connection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charles-Schwab/internet/Charles-Schwab-Almost-feel-its-a-plot-to-make-me-ill-Internet-979283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charles Schwab