Complaint Review: Charlie Porter

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2012

• Reported By:Small Town USA Other
Charlie Porter
4364 Quarter Horse Drive King City, Missouri U.S.A.

Charlie Porter Horse Buyers Beware! seller grossly misrepresents horses & doesn't stand behind his sales King City Missouri

*Consumer Comment: a satisfied buyer

This is your typical horse trader. In it for the money. Doesn't stand behind the horses he sells, take it from my experience. DO NOT do business with him.
He's rude, pushy & unprofessional.
His horses are turned out in large herds and not taken care of. Starved. Full of lice and mange. And LAME.
Don't even bother trying to get your money or trade back, it won't happen.
Stay away from him, he's a sheister.

Anonymous
Small Town USA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charlie-Porter/King-City-Missouri-64463/Charlie-Porter-Horse-Buyers-Beware-seller-grossly-misrepresents-horses-doesnt-stand-be-477094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charlie Porter

a satisfied buyer

AUTHOR: scott - (United States of America)

About a year ago I called Charlie about a rope horse on his Web site. I wanted to take a look at him and it was about a six hour drive to get there. Around half way there I called and said I was on my way to his place, thats when I got the "he's at another address line". Being in the horse business my whole life thats when the flags started going off. I showed up at the new address against my better judgment. Curt, the man who actually owned the horse (and the majority of the horses on Charlies Web site) had that horse and 4 others standing tied.

No doubt Charlie had relaid the message of what I was looking for. What they didnt know is that he horse was for my novice wife to trail ride and a back up rope horse for me. I was impressed with Charlie in the fact that he stood back and let the man who owned the horses do the talking, and was straight forward in telling me he was just the middle man. Once curt found out the horse was for my wife he culled a few out that wouldnt due for a novice rider. We bought the horse I thought was best for my wife. Im happy to say you cant seperate my wife and her horse. I guess the moral to this story is to know a little bit about what Your buying and know what you want.