Complaint Review: Charming Movers, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, July 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Riley — Asheville North Carolina USA
Charming Movers, Inc.
713 Smallwood Road rockville, Maryland United States of America

Charming Movers, Inc. My items were not crated and co-mingled with two other moves rockville, Maryland

*Author of original report: Yes, setting the record straight in a NC courtroom

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Set the record straight

*Author of original report: Charming Movers Review

I moved from DC to Asheville NC in June 2012.  I contracted with Charming Movers because the owner guaranteed me that my items would be crated and not comingled with other moves.  I learned at delivery that my items were lodged between two moves and never crated.  Sadly, several of my belongings were delivered to the prior to move.  Additionally, I have numerous broken items that the movers packed.

I repeatedly attempted to settle the above mentioned issues with Charming Movers however, they did not respond until I threatened them with filing a claim with my Credit Card Company which is presently active.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charming-Movers-Inc/rockville-Maryland-20850/Charming-Movers-Inc-My-items-were-not-crated-and-co-mingled-with-two-other-moves-rockvi-916603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charming Movers, Inc.

Yes, setting the record straight in a NC courtroom

AUTHOR: Annleelewis - ()

They know exactly who I am.  I will not be bullied or intimidated even though Charming Movers threatened me with a lawsuit unless I remove my negative post.  Notice it has taken them nine months to respond.  That should be a red flag!  Imagine if you have a problem with your move.  For example, furniture is missing or the movers used your vacuum.  Good luck getting a swift response.  No, I am not going anywhere.  I have until June of 2014 to file my lawsuit.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Set the record straight

AUTHOR: Charming Movers - ()

Charming Movers did a thorough search for an Ann Lee Lewis and we did not find any customers by that name. However, we did have a customer who complained of similiar alleged circumstances. That customer is also on this site posting as Riley. We hope that someone would not stoop to those tactics to smear our good name. In conclusion, we can not respond to someone that we do not recognize.

Charming Movers Review

AUTHOR: Annleelewis - (USA)

Un-Charming Movers moved me out of state in May/June of 2012 AND they recently threatened legal action against me unless I remove any and all negative listings.  Obviously, that isn't happening.

The case is not settled!  They co-mingled my items; causing lost and damaged items yet refuse to sufficiently compensate me.  The company is beyond unprofessional.  The credit card company is involved and I have two years to file a lawsuit.
I also filed complaints with the US Dept of Transportation which is ongoing.  I would never use their services again.