Complaint Review: Charter Cable

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Wendy — Hilmar California United States of America
Charter Cable
773 N. Walnut Rd, turlock, California United States of America

Charter Cable I've MOVED...Its that simple! They quoted a lower price and now are charging me more! turlock, California

I have moved.  It's not complicated. I called Charter to transfer my service to the new address.  They quoted me a new price, saying that they no longer charge for my modem. They also stated that my current pricing was set to expire and that since I was a customer with excellent standing, they would give me a lower price for another year.

I received an email confirming the new price, as well as the due date for the invoice.  Today, I called the 800 number to pay the lower price.  The computer on the phone confirmed the price and I paid by phone.  Then I called back to talk to customer service, to confirm that my previous statement was no longer due. They said that they would not accept the new lower amount, and that the original amount was due.

Now I am on the phone with Charter again.  My phone calls have totalled a minimum of 6 hours. They are now telling me that the price only included basic programming, which is a waste of money because I can use an antenna for free).  So, after all these years of being a loyal customer, I'm probably going to use an antenna for TV and switch to AT&T for internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Cable/turlock-California-95380/Charter-Cable-Ive-MOVEDIts-that-simple-They-quoted-a-lower-price-and-now-are-chargi-981585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Cable