Complaint Review: Charter Communications - digital Cable phone internet

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Upen — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Charter Communications - digital Cable phone internet
Madison, Wisconsin United States of America

Charter Communications - digital Cable phone internet Charter Bills post disconnection Madison, Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Corp Escalations Dept?!

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

*Author of original report: UMatter2Charter.. Really?

*UPDATE Employee: I can help!

Charter Communications is a nightmare when it comes to billing. I was a charter customer in Madison, WI from Aug 07 - Oct 08. I moved out of WI in Oct and had asked Charter for disconnection of services during the 1st week of Oct which was verbally confirmed by their rep. I was declined a confirmation number/email from Charter about disconnecting services despite asking. I had not noticed until June 09 that I was actually billed (money debited from my account) until Mar 09 from Charter in uneven amounts (ranging from 30 - 120) to the tune of 500$ after Oct 08!! I called charter and the rep confirmed of incorrect billing and said he'd escalated the issue and I'd be getting back the money within 6-8 weeks which did not happen. Every call after that I have gotten different answers and finally someone said I would not be given any money since the equipment was not returned. I had to travel back to Madison and return the equipment! I got a check for 99$ for the equipment but nothing about the extra  500$ that has been wrongfully taken. I called the customer service again who asked me to send the bank statements for the credit department's review (he said I should fax it to the local office @ Madison) which I did; Finally when I called them up to chase the matter, I am being told now that Charter only keeps financial records of current year and since I am not a customer anymore they cannot see in their systems as to what I am talking about!! WTF??!! I am being now told that *nothing* can be done about it! I am at a loss here... the same guys (everyone uses the same system out there, I'm presuming) who told me they'd chase the matter up are now saying to my face nothing can be done. I am willing to sue the company, but not sure what options I got...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2010 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications-digital-Cable-phone-internet/Madison-Wisconsin-53716/Charter-Communications-digital-Cable-phone-internet-Charter-Bills-post-disconnection-M-615740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications - digital Cable phone internet

Corp Escalations Dept?!

AUTHOR: Upen - (United States of America)

Witten,

You mentioned in your last mail someone from your Corp Escalations Dept would contact me within 48 hrs to take care of this and you could not find any documents of my service/disconnection.

No one has tried to contact me till date from Charter. Its really surprising how the business is run by Charter that NO ONE I have spoken to/mailed has ever been able to find anything related to the connection I had over an year!!

If you still keep browsing the forums and checking for complaints; I'd like to have the phone number for your 'Corp Escalations Dept'!

Thanks!

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Thank you for your response. We would be happy to assist with this issue. We have accessed the previous communications and are determining a resolution to this situation now. I will be in contact soon to let you know what steps we will be taking.

Witten Henderson

Charter

Social Media Communications Specialist

UMatter2Charter.. Really?

AUTHOR: Upen - (United States of America)

Dear Witten,

I just browsed thru your website and checked out the crew trying to resolve Customer issues with Charter. As much as I appreciate your efforts, I have to let you know I have been contacted by 2 of your colleagues in a similar way asking for the info. I did email both of them (Robert Little and George) but got only one reply asking for my contact number. So far, I have heard no more from either. I hope I'll get to hear back from you and take this issue further; I am fwdin you the email I sent to your colleagues and their responses. Hope you understand the similar behavior of support crew just makes the situation that much frustrating.

Thanks

I can help!

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

I apologize for the trouble with your billing. I work for Charter Communications to resolve exactly these sorts of issues. Please send me an email at [email protected] with the Name, Address, and Telephone number from your Charter account and I will be happy to research this issue and help straighten things out. In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten in the subject line, so I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson