Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:long beach California
Charter Communications
388 E Ocean BLvd Long Beach, California U.S.A.

Charter Communications - HORRID service, employee training and practices Long Beach California

I have problems getting an agent to schedule a service call.

I rented my place and need to keep cable but disconnect the phone.

I find out that a tech must come and disconnect the phone as they have installed a sleeve so you cannot remove the cable from the wall cable outlet.
Upon my call to charter I get transfered to 5 or 6 different departments which should be a quick 5 minute task which ends up being a 30 minute call. $75 removal fee.

Once the appointment was scheduled from 8-12 noon Charter did not show up on appointment day. ( Ieven called that morning to ensure they were scheduled to my home). After the appointment time passed I called at 12:15 and Charter agent stated the appointment was all day. SO I stayed all day and still no one showed up. I called to reschedule another appointment and I am again transfered from Georgia to California agents and from Order management to techncal support to billing departments and finally to the correct dept only to find out the next available appointment is a month away
and is another all day appointment.

I think it costs me too much money to do business with such a poorly organized rude company. Hidden fees and no consideration to provide any level of customer service. Phone service is poor at best and disconnect fees are not disclosed...wonder if this is even legal.
I originally got the phone as I had a mail offer for 14.95 per month phone service ---when I got the bill it was $35.00 per month and there was no evidence of the 14.95 offer...go figure

L
long beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2008 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Long-Beach-California-90802/Charter-Communications-HORRID-service-employee-training-and-practices-Long-Beach-Calif-302420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications