Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2007

• Reported By:Slidell Louisiana
Charter Communications
P A Box 9001913 Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-4382427
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Charter Communications Liars Incompetent Billing LIARS ripoff liars deal breakers non bonus giving bundle schmundle Louisville Kentucky

I have been a customer of Charter for two and a half years and always thought them to be great. That is, until last week. Now I know they are ridiculously unprofessional!

I had to spend hours on the phone with a bunch of lying sales agents to get an upgrade, they gave me different prices on everything. When I finally did get what I thought to be a good deal, the install guy was nine and a half hours late and I had to lay the cable myself..he didn't want to be held liable if my kid tripped up on it.

I was asked to pay $80 more than was initially agreed, and when I called Charter to verify it, surprise, surprise..I was disconnected twice. The installer said it would be applied to my bill. So I paid him, against my better judgement.

A couple of days later, a $30 charge was on my bill for the 'free' install, and only $50 had been credited to my account. There were numerous other charges on there too that were bogus, and it wasn't listed as a promotion deal at all. The additional bonus that I was supposed to receive for signing up for their bonus..was no-where to be seen. The Sales Agent had completely lied about everything, there was not a single figure on the bill that was the same as we had originally agreed on.

When I called Charter to get it corrected they were anything but helpful about it, I spoke to four different agents and they really had little interest in helping me, and I was disconnected when I asked to speak to a Manager. I did get through to a Manager eventually and he wasn't interested in the errors either. It was their stance that I was too incompetent to be able to figure out their billing system. According to them, they were right, and I was wrong.

I called Charter Corporate Complaints and the Corporate Liason offered to credit $18 to my account over a six month period of time (the billing error added up to approximately $167 over six months, plus a $3 fee for a modem each month). By now I had spent hours trying to arrange an install, nine and a half hours waiting for it, and hours more trying to get issues resolved.

I had been lied to, ignored, disconnected, overbilled, put on hold, and thoroughly insulted. Needless to say I am more than a little annoyed. I hate the fact that they have taken me for a ride financially, but what bothers me more is the time it has taken me to resolve the issues, and the feeling that they don't actually give a darn about how they treat their customers. There's NO way they can adequately compensate me for that.

Slidell, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Louisville-Kentucky-40290/Charter-Communications-Liars-Incompetent-Billing-LIARS-ripoff-liars-deal-breakers-non-bonu-256316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications