Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Wed, October 05, 2011

• Reported By: BayCity11 — Bay City Michigan United States of America
Charter Communications
1265 John Q. Hammons 100 Madison, Wisconsin United States of America

Charter Communications Charter Cable Double Charge for Modems Madison, Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

I added a Phone line to my account which already included Cable and Internet. I was told the Modem charge for the internet would be removed as it is included in my Phone bundle. When the internet Modem rental charge was not removed I contacted Charter. The first time they were happy to remove the extra charge and said that it would be permanently removed from my bill. The second time I called after I noticed the charge was still on there and had been increased by $2.00. This time I was told that there was no charge in my phone package, which clearly states "Phone Modem Lease" and that the second charge for the internet Modem was just so they did not have to put in a second modem and "clutter up my house with extra devices". Yet they did refund ONE month of internet Modem charges. So, despite having only ONE modem for both Phone and Internet, I am being charged TWICE for the same modem. I was also told that the phone modem would not be separately charged if I only had the phone. Soooo...what? That means I am not getting double charged how?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2011 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Madison-Wisconsin-53717-1936/Charter-Communications-Charter-Cable-Double-Charge-for-Modems-Madison-Wisconsin-784598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Hello,

My name is Abby Catron, and I am a Senior Social Media Specialist for Charter. We understand your concerns, and it is important for our agents to provide our customers with accurate information, especially since the information you were given makes it now appear that you are being double billed.  Unfortunately, there has always been a separate charge for the internet modem rental.  This applies whether or not it is part of a converged device (meaning one that also supports phone service).  Also, the monthly rental fee recently increased from $5 to $7 which explains the $2 difference you noticed.

Please send an e-mail to Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and phone number on the account, as well as the best number to reach you.  Also, please put CharterAbby Ripoff Report# 784598 in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail.  We will be happy to make sure you are getting the best possible price, as well as discuss your options in more detail.

Heres a link to the Charter Social Media Team webpage for your reference: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron