Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Sat, October 16, 2010

• Reported By: Sophon — Rochester Minnesota United States of America
Charter Communications
Rochester, Minnesota United States of America

Charter Communications, Charter Business Charter Communications lied to me and overcharged me for service I did not request Rochester, Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

A Charter Communications Rep called me to offer free phone and a digital cable box for 1 year WITHOUT ANY CHARGES.  I have made it clear with the Rep that my bill must stay the same at around $99-$107 that I was paying at the moment.  And she said that my Bill will not go up and that it will remain the same.  I made sure that this is the case with this Rep.

Basically Charter lied to me as they billed me for $244.40.  When I call Charter to dispute this, they said that the digital upgrade service was added on and that the phone service was free but having their phone communication box in the house costs almost $20/month.

I told the Rep on the phone that I did not ask for digital cable package and made sure that my bill doesn't go up if I was to try their free service.  He tells me that the last Rep upgraded me to save me money.  But HOW did it save me money when I am paying an extra $150+ per month for services that I didn't even request?  They admitted that this was automatically added on when I have the digital box.  I didn't even use the Digital box as I realized that I was tricked and I unhooked the digital box the next day that they installed it.  That brings me to the point, if I unhooked the digital box the next day.  Why the hell on earth would I request their Digital Home Package for $94.63/month?  Absurd!

This is just dishonest business practice and I will not take this abuse.  I have asked for a recording of my conversation with Charter's Rep that offered me these two free services but I was told that Charter does not know if it was recorded or not (just what I thought they would say).  I am going to have a Representative get me that recorded phone conversation and I will report this to the Better Business Bureau.

I am going to cancel my Charter Internet, tv, phone and switch to Dish/DSL.  This is why Charter is losing customers, because of these dishonest business practices.  I will get on all my social networking and forums to let people know about how I have been abused and hope that I can save honest consumers from this malpractice.  We need to all stand up together and say "We're not going to take it anymore".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2010 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Rochester-Minnesota-55901/Charter-Communications-Charter-Business-Charter-Communications-lied-to-me-and-overcharged-643202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

My name is Witten Henderson and I would like to apologize for the trouble you have had with Charter customer service and billing. I work for Charter Communications to resolve exactly  these sorts of concerns and would be happy to look into this issue to make sure all concerns are addressed. Please send me an email at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and telephone number of your Charter account . In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten in the subject line, so I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson