Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Wed, August 11, 2010

• Reported By: Tim — Chicopee Massachusetts USA
Charter Communications
2 Digital Place 4th Floor Simpsonville, South Carolina United States of America

Charter Communications did not honor an agreement made and overcharged my account for 1 year. Simpsonville, South Carolina

In July 2009 I contacted Charter Communications to see about switching my telephone service from Vonnage.  I was quoted a price of $14.99 per month for 1 full year.  I was also instructed to call at the end of the year to see about available promotions at that time.  When I called in July 2010 I was told that I had been paying $39.99 per month all along as I was never set up with the agreed to rate of $14.99.  When I asked them to honor what I had been quoted and asked for credit for the 12 months of overcharge, I was told that it was my responsibility to have noticed and they can only go back 30 days for a billing dispute.  I filed a complaint to the corporate office through the BBB but was told the same thing.  I have learned that even though Charter will quote you a rate for a period of time, they may change it, intentionally or not, and it is up to the customer to catch it or they are out of luck and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2010 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Simpsonville-South-Carolina-29681/Charter-Communications-did-not-honor-an-agreement-made-and-overcharged-my-account-for-1-630729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications