Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Sun, March 11, 2012

• Reported By: Terri — Chetek Wisconsin United States of America
Charter Communications
various locations throughout USA Nationwide United States of America

Charter Communications Charter.com Locked in pricing and within 2 months already trying to increase my billing. Internet, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Price Increase

I am filing this report against Charter as many others I see have already.  This is in regards to my Chat online to sign up for TV/Internet with them.  The use the term DAC for their reps online and my chat with one of their DAC's is causing my stomach ache.

They signed me up after a long chat, with their normal talents or shall we say lies just to get your business, and now after only 2 months are trying to raise prices.  Beware of their statement "locked in price and you are not on any contract but we are giving you locked in pricing for months 1-12 at $xx.xx and months 13-24 at $xx.xx.  They don't honor their words.

I have turned them in to the BBB and I am in the midst of contacting the FCC.  If anyone else knows of another place to turn these buggers in, let me know.  I shall be more than happy to contact more people and try to get them to stop this Breach of Contract/Obligation/Pricing whatever we want to call it.  I am so tired of these large companies trying to steal from our wallets/pocketbooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/nationwide/Charter-Communications-Chartercom-Locked-in-pricing-and-within-2-months-already-trying-to-850531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

Price Increase

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Hello Terri,

My name is Abby Catron, and I am a Senior Social Media Specialist for Charter.  I am sorry to read about the trouble that you are having with your bill.  I would love to opportunity to help straighten this out.  Please send an e-mail to Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and phone number on the account, as well as the best number to reach you.  Also, please put CharterAbby RipOff Reports - Terri in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail.  If you have a copy of the chat transcript, please feel free to include that as well.

Heres a link to the Charter Social Media Team webpage for your reference: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron