Complaint Review: Charter Communications/AFNI

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2007

• Reported By:La Crosse Wisconsin
Charter Communications/AFNI
P.O. Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Charter Communications/AFNI Charter and AfNI "re-aged" an old debt to make it look like a recent debt Bloomington Illinois

In 2001 I had a debt of $84. I was going through a divorce and was broke. I was contacted by Charter stating they turned it over to a collection service.

In 2007 (July) I received my credit report. AFNI (a collection agency) bought it (the debt) from Charter, only they re-aged the debt stating that it was opened in 2005 making it look like a recent debt. This is illegal.

I contacted Charter (which admitted to me that they wrote the debt off in 2005, but reported it to AFNI in 2005). I contacted AFNI but they refuse any communication with me about it (they don't bother to get back to me).

I contacted the Credit Bureau (it's only on Experian), and they refuse to investigate further only to state that the account is verified and remains on my credit report.

If they would investigater further, they would find that this is a "re-aged" debt; AFNI is trying to make it look recent and is affecting my credit score.

I've contacted Experian three times and they refuse to investigate.

Joseph
La Crosse, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-CommunicationsAFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Charter-CommunicationsAFNI-Charter-and-AfNI-re-aged-an-old-debt-to-make-it-look-like-a-264283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications/AFNI