Charter Communications should really be re-named because they do NOT know how to communicate. They increased our introductory price of $29.99 to $49.99, after they did a complete switch-over across the board by discontinuing contracts. No contracts usually means a good thing, but to be honest, I would have rather had a contract that ensured a lower price, than to pay a ridiculous amount every month without contract. Unfortunately, 3 or 4 months after they raised our price to $49.99, they increased it AGAIN, to $54.99. We had to call them to make sure our price did not go up to $54.99. Paying fifty bucks for internet is ridiculous, but another 5 bucks, no matter how small it may seem, was NOT going to happen.
Anyway, we got fed up, and called to ask them to lower our bill, and even after speaking to the representative and supervisor, nothing came of it. The supervisor also told me that "we do not HAVE to offer anything to customers," which I stopped her in her tracks to tell her that they pick and choose who they offer lower prices to. Then we got into an argument, which at the end just gave me grounds to move on to a competitor.
A basic round-up of why you should NOT go with Charter goes as followed:
1) Why would you pay $54.99 for internet service when you can go with other companies for WAY less?
2) Even if you like their internet service, their customer service is terrible.
3) They did not do ANYTHING to keep us. Every single time we have called, they tried to sell us on something else that was expensive, even though we called to lower our bills.
4) Don't waste your time with their short gimmick of an introductory price. Other companies at least offer a whole 12 months!!!!
5) I honestly believe this is a failing company that could care less about their customers.
We tried to give this company a chance, but they have an awful way of trying to keep their customers... it's like they're trying to repel us every chance they get.