Complaint Review: Charter Financial Corporation - CFC

• Submitted: Wed, August 22, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2007

• Reported By:oakland California
Charter Financial Corporation - CFC
One Rockerfeller Plaza New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-503-4941
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Charter Financial Corporation - CFC Ripoff Advanced Fee Lending Scam New York New York

I had put in a few applications online to get a 20,000 personal loan. I was contacted a few days later via phone by Peggi Peterson from Charter Financial Corporation. She said that I approved for the loan that I had applied for online. She gave me interest rate, the amount of the payments and the length of the loan. I called her back a few days later and accepted the offer. She said that she needed to verify my information. I faxed her my social security card, my drivers license, a current bill that showed my residence and pay stubs. Once I sent her my information she told me to send her a deposit for 1620,00 to secure the loan with a insurance company incase something were to happen to me the loan would be paid off. I wanted my loan badly so I did this not knowing that this was a scam. There is no such insurance needed and now I am out of my money. Do not fall for this scam like I did.

Herbie Holland
oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2007 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Financial-Corporation-CFC/New-York-New-York-10020/Charter-Financial-Corporation-CFC-Ripoff-Advanced-Fee-Lending-Scam-New-York-New-York-269347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Financial Corporation - CFC