Complaint Review: Charter Financial Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By:Eatonville Washington
Charter Financial Corporation
One Rockefeller Center New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-503-4941
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Charter Financial Corporation Took over 2000.00 as deposit for loan, but never sent the loan ripoff New York New York New York

*General Comment: Happy I read your report

*Consumer Suggestion: File criminal complaints

*Author of original report: help some of us get our money back

*Consumer Comment: You've been scammed.

I applied for a 10000.00 loan and was approved, with a security deposit. I sent my deposit via Western Union, to Canada, to a person named Antionette Angus who was a courier for my lender. The monies were collected and I was told that my loan would be released to me within 48 hours. It is now three days and not only do I not have my money and am out 2000.00 dollars, but nobody will even return my calls.

Michell
Eatonville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2007 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Financial-Corporation/New-York-New-York-10020/Charter-Financial-Corporation-Took-over-200000-as-deposit-for-loan-but-never-sent-the-lo-267734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Financial Corporation

#1 General Comment

Happy I read your report

AUTHOR: Annie - (United States of America)

Hi, I am so happy that I read your report.  I almost sent in over $1,500.00 to Charter Financial for a $20,000.00 loan.
Their newest phone contact number for this company is 877-359-5533 Ex. #2.

My loan officer name is Kathy Banie.  They have all of my personal information and I do not know what they can do with it.  I will be filing a compliant with Florida district attorney office in the morning.

And also the Florida State controller office as well as the Florida Consumer office.

They need to know that these people move quickly from location to location after taking your money for fear they would be caught.  It looks like they house their office out of a suitcase that is portable and can be moved very fast if they get win of law coming for them.

My heart goes out to the people that were taken for their hard earn money.  I wish that you get it back.

I did a lot of investigation and I stopped when I found this report.  I am very fortunate that I am a very suspisious individual and very questionable person.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You could try by filing criminal complaints for fraud with the FBI and the appropriate Provincial Police in Canada.

After you have the complaint numbers, you could then contact western union to see if they will identify the bank and account number that the money went to.

It is very unlikely that you'll ever see any of your money unless the scammer is arrested. That's why they insist on payment thru Western Union - once they have it, they have it.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Good luck

help some of us get our money back

AUTHOR: Michell - (U.S.A.)

I know I've been scammed, how about some ideas to help some of us get our money back.

You've been scammed.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There was never a loan and you will probably not be seeing your money back either. The reason they have not returned you calls is that they have probably moved on to some other victim. However, they may contact you and tell you that they need additional funds for insurance or some other reason. Don't send them anything.

Good luck.