Complaint Review: Charter Lending Group

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Anonymous Alabama
Charter Lending Group
8815 Centre Park Drive Columbia, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone: 443-8298372
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Charter Lending Group A Michael Davidson contacted me to inform me that I was awarded a 5000.00 loan but to obtain it I had to pay collateral on the loan. I wired a total of 1881.00 Columbia Maryland

I was told that I was receiving a 5000.00 secured loan. But I had to send in 938.08 to secure 8 monthly payments as collateral. I spoke to Michael Davidson and was given instructions on how to wire the money. I sent 944.16 on 12/01/2008. He stated that the money would go into my account within in one business day by 5pm.

Then I got a call from another representative a David Brady telling me that the loan was not approved by the lenders due to insurance or something and if I sent in another 930.00 (14.16 was the wiring fee) I would be guaranteed that the money would be deposited into my account.

Well I did it again and sent 944.16 and this time I called but Mr. Brady said the lender denied it again and that he was in a meeting with his supervisors and that they were going to start a class-action suit, but I was guranteed a 10,000 loan if I just sent in 600 more dollars. Previously I was told about a refund on 12/29/2008. But I know that is a lie also.

I have lost over 1800.00. Their website is no longer exists and the 1-866-468-5911 only says "Thank you and Good-bye". So they have taken the money and ran. I believe that Michael Davidson and David Brady were the same person.

Anonymous
Anonymous, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Lending-Group/Columbia-Maryland-21045/Charter-Lending-Group-A-Michael-Davidson-contacted-me-to-inform-me-that-I-was-awarded-a-50-405558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Lending Group