Complaint Review: Charter Loans Services

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: MamboQueen — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Charter Loans Services
110 University Place, NY, NY 1000 Internet United States of America

Charter Loans Services Chartered Capital Credit Services, Chartered Capital Credit Solutions, Charter Financial Corp. Almost fell for loan scam -- saved by reading other reports on Ripoff about this company! Internet

Found Charter Loans Services in USA Today. Offered good rates on loans even with bad credit. Sent e-mail to e-mail address in paper. Never heard anything. Called the phone number and was told they could take application over phone or online. Gave me Website and I applied online. Talked with a Kathy Baker over the phone. Said she would have answer in two hours and to call back.
In two hours I was approved for a $10,000 loan and she e-mailed me terms and signature pages. Loan looked Great!! seven percent interest for four years and payments did not start til 2013. Signed papers and faxed voided check for direct deposit of loan funds. Pages also listed a "loan premium fee" of $957.84, to be paid upfront. Sounded OK to me. Once I faxed signed papers, Kathy called and told me to get a MoneyGram or Western Union money and send the loan fee to Mr. Dominick Jamison, Orlando, Fl. I asked about more address info for him. she said that was enough. After I sent money via Western Union I was to call her and funds would be in my accoutn in 2-4 hours. Western Union sent up red flag for me, so I started googling and came up with the reports on this site.

It now appears what I am being offered is the same scam. I have put a fraud alert on my credit report, but LifeLock tells me they can't do anything about the fact that I've given them my SS# and bank accoutn number because I gave it out willingly. Thank God I found this site before I sent the money. I am NOT out any funds, but I am very concerned about other info they have. LifeLock rep said Western Union was a dead giveaway for a scam. Please don't try for a loan with this "company."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Loans-Services/internet/Charter-Loans-Services-Chartered-Capital-Credit-Services-Chartered-Capital-Credit-Solutio-956285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Loans Services