interference

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — enfield Connecticut United States of America
Charter Oak Health Plan
11 Fairfield Blvd. Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Charter Oak Health Plan BEWARE!! This "healthplan" is a total rip off!! Wallingford , Connecticut

*General Comment: I agree with Gary

This "health plan" is a total ripoff and a waste of hard earned money.Please pass this plan by or you will end up like me paying $589 a month at age 56 and unable to get the proper medical attention and procedures I need for a diagnosed spinal problem. The condition prevents me from working and I am in constant pain.

Community Health Network of Ct. runs this plan as a vendor for the State of Connecticut.

I should mention this "healthplan" is NOT regulated by the Ct. Insurance Dept. therefore they have no official oversight and can do as they please such as raising rates 100% in the last three years!

This premium increase is unheard of in any state! Yet they did it and no one asks why!

They also have little or no "in network" providers to render medical care because they reimburse at slave rates and no medical people want any thing to do with this "Plan"

I have been told this several times by several medical offices.

They have routinely denied my repeated requests for a Doctor ordered MRI Imaging of my spine to pinpoint where all my pain is coming from.This has been going on for over 4 months with no resolution in sight! Therefore I remain out of work and in daily pain.

This is healthcare? For shame. The so called "non profit"that runs the plan for the State (Community Health Network of Ct,Inc.) is

a penny pinching uncaring and unprofessional company.This health plan is so bad they dont even have it for their own employess! Did you ever hear of an Health Insurer not insuring their own employees??

No doubt most would quit if they had to utilize the same plan they manage for us private PAYING State residents.

Of course we all know what "non profit" corporation means..They pay themselves huge salaries,bonuses and perks,operating expenses,what ever claim they want to pay and THEN theres no profit left.

Someone has to uncover this sham of a healthplan..Write to me at (((redacted))) and file with this site

if you are experiencing the same treatment.We must bind together to end this scam. Thankyou all for your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Oak-Health-Plan/Wallingford-Connecticut-06492/Charter-Oak-Health-Plan-BEWARE-This-healthplan-is-a-total-rip-off-Wallingford-Con-992428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Oak Health Plan

#1 General Comment

I agree with Gary

AUTHOR: dave - (United States of America)

I also joined Charter Oak health plan, have you ever heard of a health plan,where you do not get a policy,  they do have an on line guide,which is out dated from 2009, the provider directory, especially, 90 % of the providers have left the plan, only 1 dermatologist on the plan, I would have to drive 75 miles,and wait 3 months.  You also have to pay your premium two months in advance,if you are  one month late, they put you in what they call lock out, even though you are paid up until the following month, lock out means they discontinue health care for 3 months, I don't have much choice I am 62 years old , too young for medicare.