Complaint Review: Charter One Bank - Citizens Bank

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2006

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Charter One Bank - Citizens Bank
One Citizens Plaza Providence, Rhode Island U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-390-4486
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank - Citizens Bank ripoff Providence Rhode Island

Charter One Bank closed our accounts of 11 years with absolutelly no given reason. They are giving us 7 business days to make "alternative banking arrangements". The sum of money in the 3 accounts is significant. I have never bounced a check, never went bellow the "limit", never complained about anything. I originally opend the checking account with Liberty Federal Bank that was bought out by Charter One.

I have received 3 letters informing me that "Charter One has elected to discontinue its account relationship with your organization by closing account(s)." in the last paragraph it states that"you are reminded that pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, Charter One is under no obligation to disclose to you its reasons for closing the Account(s)."

Granted, they might not have any legal obligation, how about a moral one? I have had these accounts open for 11 years, one of them was my son's savings account. I also have a credit card with them and an equity line of credit on my home. They did tell me that they will mail me a cashier's check representing the balance.

I went to the bank and the service rep informed me that she had no idea as to why this is happening. My husband called the phone number given and the person that answered said they do not have to tell us why.
We have no ideea why this has happened.

They haven't robbed us of money yet, but hey did rob us of DIGNITY!

Gabrielle
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2006 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank-Citizens-Bank/Providence-Rhode-Island-02903/Charter-One-Bank-Citizens-Bank-ripoff-Providence-Rhode-Island-173001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank - Citizens Bank