Complaint Review: Charter One Bank - Mentor, Ohio - Manager Michelle

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007

• Reported By:Mentor Ohio
Charter One Bank - Mentor, Ohio - Manager Michelle
8715 Mentor Ave, Mentor OH 44060 Mentor, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 440-255-3461
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank - Mentor, Ohio - Manager Michelle One overdraft and they've taken $926 in fees!!! HELP!!! Mentor Ohio

HELP!! I'm hoping some experienced ripoffees will be able to direct me on what to do!!

I bounced a check--ok, that was my fault. They didn't notify me by mail until 4 days later so in the meantime I used my ATM card for expenses not knowing I was overdrawn. So in addition to the overdraft fees I was penalized for using my ATM when there was a negative amount in my account. So then why does Charter One allow your ATM to work in a situation like this? In order to assess fees, fees, and more fees.

I knew I had no money to address the situation so I had to wait until I got paid next time. In the meantime they continued to assess fees to the total of $926!!!

The problem is that I only bring home $667 twice a month so they took one whole paycheck and then some. I worked all this month to pay the government and Charter One. The problem is that I am still $147 in the negative and they are still assessing fees so my next paycheck will disappear at this rate. Because of the fees I am so financially buried that I will never dig out of this hole, and apparently Charter One likes it this way. I have no money for gas to get to work, no money for food, no money for prescriptions or anything else but the bank keeps on taking.

I accepted responsibility for my overdraft when I spoke to Michelle (branch manager) yet I got a lecture from a woman who was extremely sarcastic. She refunded only $150 so at this point but I want my pay check back! I haven't checked online today yet to see what else they've taken in the meantime.

Please help! Who do I contact, who will listen? It isn't right that a bank can ruin someone's life like this. Constructive suggestions welcome....!!

Deborah
Mentor, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank-Mentor-Ohio-Manager-Michelle/Mentor-Ohio-44060/Charter-One-Bank-Mentor-Ohio-Manager-Michelle-One-overdraft-and-theyve-taken-926-in-251749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank - Mentor, Ohio - Manager Michelle