Complaint Review: Charter One Bank RBS Citizens, N.A.

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:Southfield Michigan
Charter One Bank RBS Citizens, N.A.
One Citizens Plaza Providence, Rhode Island U.S.A.

Charter One Bank RBS Citizens, N.A. Fraudulent Late Payment Charge and 32% Interest Rate Hike Providence Rhode Island

I was charged a late fee of $39.00 and 32% interest rate hike from my original permanent promotional 4.99%/5.99% interest rate-- on my November 2008 Charter One credit card bill, for an account I've had for years now. The late fee and interest rate hike was eroneously charged, so I called the bank. They would only reverse the late fee, but would not return the interest rate to the original promotional rate, citing that the payment arrived 1-day late. The October bill had a due date of 10/13/08, I mailed my payment on 10/7/08, which they said had a postmark of 10/8/08, and arrived 10/14/08. I have a long history of on-time payments with this bank and know that I exercised reasonable and responsible judgement in paying the bill on time, as I do with all of my payments.

I have filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, because this bank has violated Regulation AA-FTC Act and Regulation Z-Truth in Lending Act.

Violated
Southfield, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank-RBS-Citizens-NA/Providence-Rhode-Island-02903/Charter-One-Bank-RBS-Citizens-NA-Fraudulent-Late-Payment-Charge-and-32-Interest-Rate-H-427210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank RBS Citizens, N.A.