Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 14, 2004

• Reported By:akron Ohio
Charter One Bank
2147 East Avenue Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff charging me 33 dollars every 3 days knowing I can't pay it and letting other things go through the account after there was already an over draft. Akron Ohio

Charter one bank is charging me 33 dollars on my account every 3 days. I'm a single mom. I can't afford this and they let other things go through my account after there was already an over draft. They tried to get me to pay it all at once but I couldn't do it and they wouldn't let me make payments. They said if it wasn't payed off in 4 days they were charging it off and putting me through check systems. They told me they suggested I go get a title loan that day to pay it off. Why would I give up my only vehicle? It's just not fair. Most of the over draft is their fees.

akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2004 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Akron-Ohio-44314/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-charging-me-33-dollars-every-3-days-knowing-I-cant-pay-it-and-let-98966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank