Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Fri, September 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Charter One Bank
Brownsburg Indiana Brownsburg, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank Charter one is the biggest rip off and should be shut down Brownsburg Indiana

*Consumer Comment: YEP!

I was a customer of Charter One I say was because they screwed me royally within 3 months of opening my account.

Lets just say for what amounted to 135.00 in purchases while I was out of town and unaware my money had been frozen for pending purchases ended up in almost 1200.00 in bank fees they not only charged 33.00 per purchase they charged it every other day for each purchase as long as the balance as they saw it was in the negative All the while allowing the debits.

When I got back to town my mailbox was full of NFS notices and they had eaten up my paycheck that was direct deposited into my account while I was out of town so I had no money to live on for the next week. Then their collection department started calling I told them to take their fees and shove them where the sun doesn't shine because I wasn't paying them one damn dime more than they had already stolen from me.. Just to make people aware of their practices they say they allow your account to go up to 500.00 in the red a so called over draft protection that I didn't sign up for but all the while charging their outragous charges.. I was put into check systems because of this fungus that claims to be a bank after leaving a bank I had been with over 10 years and never had a problem... so much for convienence.. I went back to my old bank and haven't had a problem... HUH I wonder why???????????

This bank needs to pay every person back and triple the amount of the fees like they would charge for a bounced check and just to let you know.

I didn't write a check it was debits from my account so how can they put me into check systems??????

Rose
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2008 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Brownsburg-Indiana-46122/Charter-One-Bank-Charter-one-is-the-biggest-rip-off-and-should-be-shut-down-Brownsburg-Ind-372449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank

AUTHOR: Roberto - (U.S.A.)

Same thing MIGHT be happening out here in Michigan, I do not know what it is, but what they tell me is going on paper is NOT where my account stands when my paycheck arrives. Maybe I am wrong, but I seriously do not know why that when I do not use my credit card and I KNOW that my account is in the positive, suddenly when my paycheck is deposited I find myself SHORT ALMOST EVERYTIME.