Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2005

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Charter One Bank
charterone.coom Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff changed the way interest is credited Chicago Illinois

Charter One Bank was taken over by Citizens Bank. When I opened the account I asked and was told that interest would be from day of deposit to day of withdrawal. However, when taken over by Citizens bank, they changed the rules. If you close your account before the END of the month, you lose all the interest for that month.

At the time of closing, which I did in person, I had THREE employees working with me to close the account. Not a word was said to me by any of the 2 bank employeees and the manager. As the manager of the bank said to me after the fact "It is not our job to warn you of the loss of interest." As a result of my closing the account I lost $89.68 worth of interest.

I called Charter One and was told the exact amount of interest that should have been creditied to my account, and was also told that I would be getting a check in the mail. When the check did not arrive, cI called again and have been getting a runaround ever since. Some one was supposed to call me bank about this from my local brance, but they never did.

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2005 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Chicago-Illinois/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-changed-the-way-interest-is-credited-Chicago-Illinois-153772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank