Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Wed, March 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 29, 2006

• Reported By:Stockton California
Charter One Bank
8600 Governor's Hill Drive, Suite 300 Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 513-833-2754
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff Cincinnati Ohio

Charter One offered a low interest equity loan with the following good faith statement:

"You will receive a lump sum of money within about 7days after the closing, and your first payment of principal and interest will be due 30 days later."

I signed and notarized all papers over 3 weeks ago and I still have not received the loan! I am expected to make my first payments next week and in the meantime I still have to pay the credit cards that I am consolidating with this loan, so for this month they put an extra burden on me.

After calling them numerous times, they kept telling me that the checks were send - one person tells me on the 18th, another person told me on the 23rd, and everyone tells me I have to wait and the contract can not be changed.

I came through with my end of the bargain and I expect them to do the same. It is unheard of that you have to wait almost 4 weeks to get the loan after closing and then be expected to immediate make a first payment.

Their customer service is short, unfriendly and incooperative. I should have taken the advise of the many complaints and stayed away from this business. If you considering them, don't do it! You will regret it.

Sabine
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2006 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Cincinnati-Ohio-45249/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-Cincinnati-Ohio-184024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank