Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Thu, April 03, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Charter One Bank
1215 Superior Ave Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 216-566-5300
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank Outrageous NSF Charges when there was money in my account Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Did you deposit a check or cash?

I recently deposited $400 into my checking account and proceeded to use my debit card. The deposit was posted on our account yet we started recieving NSF charges which caused our account to go negative. (causing more fees which accumulated to apporximatly $650.) We took a print out of the online register (which is their own records)to the bank and showed them that we never went negative. They told us there was nothing they could do. My husband called the coporate office and was told that they only post it for "paper trail", and that the funds were not accessable to us at that time. Why would a bank post a check and then tell you it is not available to you yet. My account clearly showed that we had money in it. I have researched this bank since then and it seems that all the complaints they get are for the exact same reason. Don't you think it's time to do somthing about this. A "typical bank" would keep their customers happy, so their motto is definatley true, "Not your typical Bank"!!!

Booze
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2008 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Cleveland-Ohio-44114/Charter-One-Bank-Outrageous-NSF-Charges-when-there-was-money-in-my-account-Cleveland-Ohio-323508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank

Did you deposit a check or cash?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

And were all of the funds available when you began using your debit card?