• Report: #200524

• Submitted: Tue, July 11, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 11, 2006

• Reported By:lincoln park Michigan
Charter One Bank
charterone.com Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank rude and threatening illegal use of social security number Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Hmmmm...

I made a deposit using the lame atm machine, and because of the bank's error, I was charged over draft fee's on top of fee's.. for the last two weeks my account was overdrawn because of their error, which cost me around $500.

Then today(AM) I decided enough of this Bull and closed my account leaving a zero balance, by 5pm I was overdrawn again of $76 .. How the hell can a account be over drawn after you close it is beyond me.

So I called customer service to find out what the deal is, and they tell me that it is a charge that was put through this afternoon for a overdraft 2 days ago.. UMMM helloo scantless one why did you wait till I close my account to charge this??? At any rate, I am talking to this rude B**h from skankone, and she tells me, you shouldnt have overdrawn your account, and Im like Listen Smutmunch I didn't over draw to start with, you need to update your atm machine, and refund my money you have stolen, she tells me not to call her a smut again because she has my home address and Im like oh ya what you gonna do come find me, and she says yeah and I also have your SS# ... AND?? Oh let me guess you give your info to the bank's when opening a account, and if you question their business practice's, they illegally use your information... I think NOTT.

Skankone will screw you over royally and when they have drained your pockets, they go after your line of credit...BEWARE!!!

Theresa
lincoln park, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2006 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Detroit-Michigan-48229/Charter-One-Bank-rude-and-threatening-illegal-use-of-social-security-number-Detroit-Michi-200524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank

Hmmmm...

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

You sound like a very reasonable and pleasant person. I can't imagine why the bank didn't want to help you.