Mississippi

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 02, 2004

• Reported By:Plainwell Michigan
Charter One Bank
M89 Otsego, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff They charged me for overdrafts that weren't my fault Otsego Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: My experiance

They charged me for overdrafts that weren't my fault and didn't even notified me until they got the charges up there. The main office located in Ohio sends you the notice that you are over drawn about 3weeks after it occures.

First they charge you $33.00 the first time and if you don't take care of the overdraft within 4 days they charge you another $30.00 for the same overdraft and it keeps going on every 4 days there's another $30.00 and it keeps going.

I'm on limited income and I can not afford that kind of banking.

Gina
Plainwell, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2004 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Otsego-Michigan-49078/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-They-charged-me-for-overdrafts-that-werent-my-fault-Otsego-Michig-79515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

My experiance

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

I hate over draft fees, it is like the old joke goes: "You don't have money in you'r account and so the bank charges you".

My suggestion is to try online banking, I have done it for the past 7 months and I have had only two encounters with an over draft both times I was sick and didn't check on the account. If you are having trouble with you'r Internet Service then you can call an 800 number to do transfers at my bank. I highly recommend National City, I have had no hidden charges or anything.