• Report: #141942

• Submitted: Sun, May 08, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, May 08, 2005

• Reported By:Poultney Vermont
Charter One Bank
177 Main Street, Poultney Vermont 05764 Poultney, Vermont U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank(Now Citizens Bank) ripoff Charged me 15.00 for Mega-Rewards Card, which I didn't authorize! Poultney Vermont

Last year I was checking my Bank statement from Charter One bank, and say a 15.00 Debit from my Account. I called my Bank, and they stated that was for my mega rewards card. I stated I didn't authorize any 15.00 for card, and they stated, that the first year the card was free, but after the first year they would automaticly would deduct 15.00 from my account(This is illigal, under US Banking laws, as they passed a law in 1996, that the banks must have a signed statement before they can deduct anything from your account.

A pepetual deduction is illigal under most contract laws, as there has to be a stipulation of Time.

I told my Bank to Credit me back the 15.00, they refused, I then Contacted the President of Charter One, in Cleveland Ohio, Which they they Credited my account.

I am a senior, and I wonder how many people have been ripped of by this Bank! Now the Bank is now called Citizens Bank, owned by a Corp. in Scotland. This government is now not only out Outsourceing out people it is Outsourseing our money.

Will citizens bank carry on this same scam, that Charter One has?

James
Poultney, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2005 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Poultney-Vermont-05764/Charter-One-BankNow-Citizens-Bank-ripoff-Charged-me-1500-for-Mega-Rewards-Card-which-I-141942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank