Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Mon, November 15, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, November 15, 2004

• Reported By:Utica New York
Charter One Bank
1122 Mohawk Street Utica, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 315-724-0871
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank Ripoff Lies Fees and More Lies Utica New York

Well, where do I begin...... I am currently in the check system due to Charter One stating that they would send a letter to my bank informing them that I was closing my account with them and they never sent the letter and I had fees beyond fees accumulating at my other bank, which I did not know about until it was too late.

Next.... I use online banking to pay my bills. and I noticed that I had two of the same transactions to be paid, so I called the customer service center on that Sunday to cancel the transactions and the rep so no problem! I however, will need to charge you $33 a piece for each transaction canceled... I said fine. Whatever! Do you what you have to do because the transactions totaled over $300 dollars and I knew I had other pending payments. Wouldn't you know it.. it checked my account the next day and I was -$233 dollars in the whole. The rep never canceled my transactions and she charged me the fees to cancel them.

Needless to say... I was very upset. I contacted another rep and of course we all know the politics that comes with this. The new rep stated she didn't know how the transaction was done because they are closed on Sundays. I said what!!! If they were closed on Sundays who was the person who took my information and charged me fees for doing nothing? Of course, she did'nt know and suggested that I go to the bank and discuss with a manager. Now, the manager was very nice, and she reversed some fees all of course but the $274 transaction and then asked me what I was going to do. I looked at her like what do you think I am going to do.

Nothing because this is not my fault. If the transaction was canceled like I asked the first time, I would not have been in the predicament. Now I have received a letter stating that I will be charged $33 every fourth day if I do not bring my account to a positive balance. I have once again try to explain to a customer rep and I am still getting nowhere. No one wants to take the blame. The rep is telling me now that if I don't pay it they will put me in the check system(too late)I informed her that it was too late due to Charter One's incompetence, I am already in there.

Then she states, well we will put you in there again and this will put all of your accounts you have on hold. Once I heard that and she had an attitude along with that statement, I informed her that I was putting a complaint in to the BBB. Words of advice, please inform any family members, friends etc to not use CharterOne. They are wolves in sheeps clothing! I have made a complaint to the BBB, I am hoping something positive happens. We cannot let Charter One go on ripping people off, and treating customers like dirt!

Nicole
Utica, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2004 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Utica-New-York-13501/Charter-One-Bank-Ripoff-Lies-Fees-and-More-Lies-Utica-New-York-118021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank