Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2004

• Reported By:Utica New York
Charter One Bank
1122 Mohawk St Utica, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff Utica New York

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry you got all those fees, BUT..... you overdrew your account.

When I open my account I was not given all the details I was not told of all the over draft fees and about the min amount to keep them from adding more fees. When I ask them to close my account they told me it would cost me 50 dollars and my account could not be closed till aug. 24 which means i,ll probably have more fees added to my account by then they are truly ripping people off and should be reported to the atty general office. Thank you,

dee
Utica, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2004 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Utica-New-York-13502/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-Utica-New-York-102408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank

Sorry you got all those fees, BUT..... you overdrew your account.

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Sorry you got charged all those fees, BUT it sounds like you overdrew your account. In doing so, what did you expect? I've had my account at Charter for years and never have paid a cent. Your signed an account agreement at the time your account was opened...they wouldn't have opened it otherwise.

This account agreement says you got a copy of the rules of your account, you have read these rules and you understand these rules. It's unfortunate most people have to learn things the hard way. Also, keeping a check book register so you know what's in your account and not doing transactions that exceed your balance would be helpful in avoiding fees, too.

biggest